the-f'in-kid

Help separating Trans from engine

The ls1's have 9 bolts holding the bellhousing of the 4l60e to the engine. The problem i have run into is that the dowel does not want to separate itself. The dowel is causing the transmission to remain connected to the engine. Simple methods of wiggling the transmission with a jack underneath have not worked, nor has pry bars and bottle jack pushing against trans towards differential. Has anyone ever run into this problem and how would i go about correcting this? The transmission needs to be separated or else there is no way to service the transmission. Any Ideas?

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by the-f'in-kid
    The ls1's have 9 bolts holding the bellhousing of the 4l60e to the engine. The problem i have run into is that the dowel does not want to separate itself. The dowel is causing the transmission to remain connected to the engine. Simple methods of wiggling the transmission with a jack underneath have not worked, nor has pry bars and bottle jack pushing against trans towards differential. Has anyone ever run into this problem and how would i go about correcting this? The transmission needs to be separated or else there is no way to service the transmission. Any Ideas?
    try a hammer and wedge! I have a manual trans and when I pulled it out i couldnt get it seperated from the bell housing, I actually cracked it. The dowels have a spiral design on them wich makes it really hard to get out. I would suggest getting about 2 or 3 people under there and try wiggling a little harder. it will come out....

Thread Information