Build Up??

This is a discussion on Build Up?? within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; hey guys need to rebuild my tranny for my 98 t/a i want to beef it up a little bit ...

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Build Up??

hey guys need to rebuild my tranny for my 98 t/a i want to beef it up a little bit because im not driving like a grandma!! what can i do to make the tranny more heavy duty to take a little abuse?? and one more thing do u think it would be better if i was to change it to m6??

black trans am

if ur trying to drag race it keep it a4 but change over to a 4l80e. the 4l80e has stonger parts in side. if just want the car for a fun car get a t56 its more fun to drive and u get better gas mi out of it. but if ur a stock m4 ur going to have like 273 gears in the rear if ur a m6 stock its going to have 342s

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    if ur trying to drag race it keep it a4 but change over to a 4l80e. the 4l80e has stonger parts in side. if just want the car for a fun car get a t56 its more fun to drive and u get better gas mi out of it. but if ur a stock m4 ur going to have like 273 gears in the rear if ur a m6 stock its going to have 342s
    you can have 3.23s if your a auto

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    hey guys need to rebuild my tranny for my 98 t/a i want to beef it up a little bit because im not driving like a grandma!! what can i do to make the tranny more heavy duty to take a little abuse?? and one more thing do u think it would be better if i was to change it to m6??
    well get your 4l60e rebuilt with aftermarket parts..like a corvette input shaft ect...the 4l80e is overkill for most set-ups ...the trans is HUGE! and requires alot of work.

blue
    2000ss

You should be fine with a well built 60e and autos with a stall are alotta fun
    FREE COOLER/SHIPING, NO CORE OR CHARGE,1YR WAR, CUST TRACK VIDEOS click banner 4 website, CALL 9 AM TO 12 MIDNITE 7 DAYS OR YAHOO MESSENGER
    SALE THIS WEEK! CALL FOR DETAILS!

If you want to save the most money, and you are mechanically inclined, you could build the transmission yourself. I have very complete kits for these, build books and DVD for the 4L60E. Let me know if I can be of help?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    blackbird, I just wanted to say hey. I'm a hagerstown native and just moved out to the other side of greencastle pa last year.
    ever run out at mason dixon? if you see me out running around town give me yell.... if it helps you find meas of this weekend I got the rearend wide bodied and in primer. see ya around some time!

Thread Information