White
    98 Trans AM

Brushed Aluminum T handle shift knobs

I have the standard 4L60E with stock shift handle. The handle is falling apart and I would like to put a brushed aluminum one on in it's place. Here is the thing, none of the ones I have seen actually look like they will fit or have a push button to move the shifter. Most either are for manuals or they have an electric shift button. Does anyone know of what specifically I need to look for when trying to find an aftermarket shift handle? Thanks!
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

Maple Red Metalic
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Transam388 View Post
    I have the standard 4L60E with stock shift handle. The handle is falling apart and I would like to put a brushed aluminum one on in it's place. Here is the thing, none of the ones I have seen actually look like they will fit or have a push button to move the shifter. Most either are for manuals or they have an electric shift button. Does anyone know of what specifically I need to look for when trying to find an aftermarket shift handle? Thanks!
    I just changed my automatic shifter for one of these http://www.buickgn.com/okshifterknobs.htm

Below is before and after photos.

http://www.donet.com/~pamela/ls1Img_2686.jpg

White
    98 Trans AM

Thanks. Gotta say that red looks pretty good in there. So how does the ball shifter work though as far as that push button? I don't see where the heck any shift button would be on the one you have.

Maple Red Metalic
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Transam388 View Post
    Thanks. Gotta say that red looks pretty good in there. So how does the ball shifter work though as far as that push button? I don't see where the heck any shift button would be on the one you have.
    There is a little adapter you also have to buy it is sold on the site I listed. Anyway you just push down to shift easy to get use to.

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

well i was trying to think of a way to make a b and m megashifter work in my trans am but i dont think its gonna happen, they look bad ass though wish i could make it work...

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Alot of those parts were made by "Mallory Billet Aluminum (MBA) which folded about a year ago, even the pictures look like the ones on their old sight.

SteveC

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bloop View Post
    I just changed my automatic shifter for one of these http://www.buickgn.com/okshifterknobs.htm

Below is before and after photos.

Click for full sizeClick for full size
    Looks really good. I love the MBA Shift knob. Huge improvement over stock handle. I will suggest if you get one of their handles that you also stop by Homedepot or Lowes and grab some rubber gromets. They work much better than those chitty shims they give you, plus the handle won't ever want to twist on you.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans AM

That looks sweet, does it slip at all into N when you are holding it? I really want one OEM is terrible i went through 2 already. Plus its so klunky.

Thread Information