Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

The Beast Broke?

Ok so I have had lots of problems with a monster trans I bought back inNovember and it recently to a crap all together. Some of you help me diagnos it as a broken sunshell and congrates to your tech skills guys cuz you were right.
    I took the trans back to monster so they could open it up and find out what the problem was and as I said it was the sun shell but they did not belive me when I told them this and argued with me about it untill they opened the trans up.
    I get a call that I can come get my new trans and show up to find the master tech waiting for me and he is laughing. He first says I have never seen this before in my life and he pulls out the sunshell and it is in 2 peices. As I look at it I realize it is not a stock sun shell but The Beast it's self laying in his hands in 2 peices.
    It seems the shell broke not at the weak link but on the back side half way between the splines and the side of the shell in a perfect circle.

Has anyone else broken the beast before? Mind you that I run no juice and have a stock LT1 with headers and a catback, lol thats it. This thing broke on a first to second shift on street tires with 3.23 gears.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

yeah I've seen stock ones strip out the splines and I've seen stock ones break in two pieces as you described. Probablly just a fluke and won't happen to you again

white
    01 formula

sounds like manufacturer defect to me .ive seen one beast strip the splines but never fracture the shell .

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

well it is kind of fitting because if something is going to break or go wrong... it happens to me lol. Yea I hope that was the last time that happens.

Thread Information