White
    1998 Z-28

Red face 98 Z28 auto trans prob..

Hello, Help...lol....Just bought a 98 Z-28 that had a trans rebuild a year and 3 months ago.. it is now 3 months out of warranty(go-figure).. It engages just fine in reverse, low1, and low2..however when put in drive or overdrive from a stop, when it shifts on its own from low1 into low2, it pops into what acts like neutral... however if put into low1 or 2 from a stop, and shifted into drive or overdrive manually, then it performs fine... Does this sound familiar to anyone???

Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar

black
    2000 trans am

check fluid level and line pressure

White w/ red stripes
    87 MonteCarlo SS LS1/4L60

that sounds similar to my issue but i havent gotten it to engage into drive/ or overdrive. What specifically do you mean line pressure?

Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar

black
    2000 trans am

by checking pressure you can determan if the pump has gone bad. A good pressure reading should be above 20psi. The only way i know to check pressure is to hook up a flush machine but maybe someone else can tune in and tell us an easyer way. as far as reverse and 1-2 manualy you will always have it since its a strait gear. In the mean time follow your tranny cooler lines from the radiator to the tranny and see if you can find any leaks or kinks in the lines. good luck!

Dana
    You lost the 3-4 clutch pack here. This is common, you need to increase the clutch count form 6 Borg Warner Hi-Energy's, to 8 or 9, and install the "modified" Trans-Go Performance Shift kit. There are other things that can be done, but this is a good start.

SILVER
    2000 Z28

Auto trans

Just bought a 2000 Z28. When I put into drive from park I get this like pinning sound like little pieces of metal hit eachother. Not really sure how to explain it but. I thought it something to do with my U-joints so I re[placed them. That didn't help. Any suggestions?

black
    2000camaro

the pinging your hearing is the same problem i have with my b4c. it is caused by a little slack the rear end gears which would be because of mileage or hard driving. mine has done it since i bought it and it has not gotton any worse since then but it still worries me as well but the car performs just fine. i would say as long as it does not get any worse, i would keep driving and just get ready to rebuild it as soon as possible. i myself am going over to 3.73's because i anticipate a 6-speed conversion in the near future but the choice of gears is up to you. have fun just keep check on that rear end.

you have either a low or input sprag issue , manually shifting through the lower gears bypasses the low roller and the input roller clutch , you will have to have transmission removed and repaired or replace it ,
    megamax

Thread Information