Camaro 1967 conv

-95 4L60E electronics with -00 Ls1

Hi

just got me an engine from a -00 camaro Ls1 and a 4L60E tranny (tranny stated to be 1995, it got non changeable bellhouse )
    The owner said it would fit and work fine

I´m new on this engines and trans so i didn´t tought that there were diffrent types of the 4L60E tranny untill now

As for the fitting I don´t seem the big problem there, I can use the bolts that fits and maybe mod the bellhouse for the 12a clock bolt if it´s nesessary and get a crankshaft spacer to fit the the flexplate and TC.

My big concerns are the electronics, will the 95 gearbox work with my Ls1 PCM?

I will mod or get a new harness so changing the pinout wouldn´t be a problem.

I have search for 2 days and it doesn´t looks good so far but is there really different solenoids in the 95?
    from what I have found they have the same solenoids from 94-02? http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/me...ct_Code=74420K

I haven´t found any exploded parts view of the 95 and 00 tranny for comparsion of the spareparts.

Standalone TCU´s seems to work on all models so wouldn´t the stock PCM??

And if there´s just different solenoids can i put in the right one´s and get it to work then?

Sorry for all the questions but I would really like to know why it won´t work if that´s the case.

//Mattias
    Last edited by thulle; 07-20-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Thread Information