4L80e no reverse when hot

This is a discussion on 4L80e no reverse when hot within the Automatic Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Hi guys, i have a 4l80e that I built two months ago, when everything is cold all grears work great ...

black
    2001 Camero SS

4L80e no reverse when hot

Hi guys, i have a 4l80e that I built two months ago, when everything is cold all grears work great however when things warm up ( like driving for 20 miles or so ) I start loosing reverse. at first it will start out going into reverse slow but will go into it and dont slip, but after a while i have nothing at all in reverse. All other gears work great at all times. i am using a stand alone computer ( fast/TCI controller ) with no error codes. I know alittle about GM transmissions and I know that the rear servo is one of the items that control reverse.

When shifting into low grear with the shifter it holds good and works 1st grear good so I know the low/reverse band is working. I guess my question is if the center suport is leaking will that cause this problem? I havent checked line PSI yet but all gears shift good and hard when cold so I was thinking that line psi would have to be good

any help would be great

Carl

black
    2001 Camero SS

since I posted this i have done some work on the trans, first of all the rear servo wasnt sealing good,so i installed a new one and also as i thought, the center suport bolt was loose, after doing this work I drove the car and reverse worked alot better not when it's hot out it still is slow going into reverse,however it does go.now i am thinking abuot the valve body,since noone was able to help with this i just thought i would give info on what I did to help others that may be having trouble. I will update after the valve body work

Carl

black
    2001 Camero SS

Ok last post, I removed the valve body and found that the boost valve was sticking at times.I installed a transgo HD2 kit and everything is working fine. I'm not sure the kit did the job as much as the boost valve replacement however it is working good. hope this helps someone.
    cant believe no one on this site had any input in this. anyway it's done

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-10-2013, 08:55 PM

Thread Information