4L60E shifting problem

Hi all, just got my new SS, and it drives and shifts fine under most conditions. It's just that under certain situations, the trans just can't seem to decide what gear it needs to be in. Like it will shift twice instead of shifting once to the correct gear. I know that the 700R4 had a similar problem which is corrected with a good shift kit. Not sure about the 4L60 since it's electronically controlled. Also I was thinking it might help to change the fluid. I'll be putting a shift kit in and changing the fluid anyway at that time but I was just wondering if you guys have seen this type of behavior before and how did you fix it?

PS at WOT once it finds the correct gear the trans shifts great, right at 6,000 RPMs every time.

red
    2002 ss camaro

get it reprogramed it's a computer issue.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate just a bit, as far as what I need to have it reprogrammed? Is there a firmware update that the dealer could reflash onto the ECU? If so, I have a 30 day warranty on the car and could have them take care of it. Thanks again.

red
    2002 ss camaro

I'm not sure on where you would want to do it but when I had my car tuned after I put my new tranny in I had to change my shift points and am still working out getting the torque management setting right (it takes timimg out when you are under hard acceleration) ihave a turbo. so I just keep playing with it to get ity where I want But if I were you most tranny shops can set the shift points and other tranny related issues in your computer.

Thanks for the info guys. I think the dealer had the battery unplugged to reset the PCM and get rid of a code, since the check engine light came on shortly after I bought it. I haven't pulled the codes but I think it's because the cat has been deleted. At any rate, after a couple hundred miles of driving it now seems to be shifting like it's supposed to. I think the computer just needed time to relearn.

Thread Information