NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Yet another header/Y thread

Well after spending all day reading through damn near every thread containing PACESETTER LT's and TSP Catted Y's or any variation of i need to get some stuff figured out. I recently opted to do my whole exhaust instead of buying wheels. Now originally was gonna go for kooks but couldnt justify the $1000+ for just headers and a Y. I think im gonna go with the Pacesetter LT's w/ Jethot extreme coat, I need a catted Y for emissions so i was thinking TSP and then magnaflow cat back the rest of the way. I dont want anything super loud at normal driving because this is my dd for the most part. I am not lowered at all so i am hoping i wont have any clearance issue with the parts up front although the banging from the Y seems to come up a fair bit. Anyone?

Main questions were what all extra should i do while doing all of this
    Poly motor mounts?
    Locking header bolts?
    what length of 02 extensions do i need?
    Anything else i should order?
    Am i gonna need something to protect the plug wires as the headers run so much hotter?(keep in mind i just got all oem plugs and wires less than a month ago before i thought i was going to be doing this)

I am also throwing in a Volant CAI when i do all this so i dont have to worry about air intake. When all is said and done there will be a full tune to delete whatever needs to be deleted and maximize everything else. What kind of HP gains should i be expecting from this?

all around anything else i need to know?

Thanks

I'll sell you mine (Volant CAI ), has 500 miles on it.
    Off 2000 ss

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DUBB View Post
    Well after spending all day reading through damn near every thread containing PACESETTER LT's and TSP Catted Y's or any variation of i need to get some stuff figured out. I recently opted to do my whole exhaust instead of buying wheels. Now originally was gonna go for kooks but couldnt justify the $1000+ for just headers and a Y. I think im gonna go with the Pacesetter LT's w/ Jethot extreme coat, I need a catted Y for emissions so i was thinking TSP and then magnaflow cat back the rest of the way. I dont want anything super loud at normal driving because this is my dd for the most part. I am not lowered at all so i am hoping i wont have any clearance issue with the parts up front although the banging from the Y seems to come up a fair bit. Anyone?

Main questions were what all extra should i do while doing all of this
    Poly motor mounts?
    Locking header bolts?
    what length of 02 extensions do i need?
    Anything else i should order?
    Am i gonna need something to protect the plug wires as the headers run so much hotter?(keep in mind i just got all oem plugs and wires less than a month ago before i thought i was going to be doing this)

I am also throwing in a Volant CAI when i do all this so i dont have to worry about air intake. When all is said and done there will be a full tune to delete whatever needs to be deleted and maximize everything else. What kind of HP gains should i be expecting from this?

all around anything else i need to know?

Thanks
    you will need 2 24" o2 extentions
    the reason to change your mounts..is 1. easier to change then with headers in the way.
    2. helps limit the roll of the engine therefore limiting the exhaust movement

i got the stage 8 locking bolts..so i wont have to worry about them working themselves out.

your plugs should be fine..but watch them carefully

while a volant cai is a improvment in terms of intake...its actually much more benifital to have a new intake..a ls6 you will gain much more with that....i would think after a tune and everything 18-25rwhp will be gained

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you will need 2 24" o2 extentions
    the reason to change your mounts..is 1. easier to change then with headers in the way.
    2. helps limit the roll of the engine therefore limiting the exhaust movement

i got the stage 8 locking bolts..so i wont have to worry about them working themselves out.

your plugs should be fine..but watch them carefully

while a volant cai is a improvment in terms of intake...its actually much more benifital to have a new intake..a ls6 you will gain much more with that....i would think after a tune and everything 18-25rwhp will be gained
    sounds about right, thx! Dont I already have the ls6 ( i never checked) but i thought most of the 01-02's had them stock?

2000 and older have ls1 intake
    2001 and newer have ls6 intake

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cmb570 View Post
    2000 and older have ls1 intake
    2001 and newer have ls6 intake
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

oh shit..i am sorry..didnt register your year...well your ready for exhaust then

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

I have the kooks 1 7/8 with catless 3" stainless and its unbelievable I hope you enjoy the pacesetters as much as I enjoy my shit

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    I have the kooks 1 7/8 with catless 3" stainless and its unbelievable I hope you enjoy the pacesetters as much as I enjoy my shit
    Kooks sound AMAZING...Where in Chicago are you? I'm about 30 miles south in NW Indiana.

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

I'll just say 90 and cumberland......... Where i'm staying is around 90 and barrington. I'm always lookin for new ls1 buffs to hang or cruise with too man.

Thread Information