Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Y pipe with stock manifolds

This is a discussion on Y pipe with stock manifolds within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by My00Z28 haha iv been thinking the same... everyone says 3500+ but that seems so high for a ...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    haha iv been thinking the same... everyone says 3500+ but that seems so high for a mostly DD ill be more than happy with a 3200!!!
    nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    you made me change my mind about getting headers now.

I'm not trying to offend nobody, I'm trying to hear different opinions on this kinda of setup. I consider myself as going the cheap route as long as it gets the job done and is reliable. We have to be realistic all this performance parts are not cheap. That's why i had been holding on getting $500+ headers vs more affordable ones ($170) that members that have them only tell me great things about them.

I'm all for a person that wants to save money. I did all my engine dress up myself because I don't want to pay all the money on the parts that are already made.

In end if you are happy with the outcome that's what really matters.

I appreciate all your opinions and I respect them.
    Well, on a stock LS1 like mine, you probably won't see too much gain with a set of long tube headers. Most report 15 HP or so on the dyno, which pretty much coincides with my gain at the track that I found with mine.

It's the cars with heads and cam changes or power adders that will see the most gain from long tube headers. So I wouldn't count out the headers.
    I had actually planned to do a cam in mine, just never got around to it. It's been modded with just the headers and a stall for a few years now. It squirts around well enough to be fun to drive, so I somewhat lost interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    i wouldn't say people are cheap... i had a 94 trans am that had a plugged cat instead of paying $100+ for a new cat plus have it installed i just paid $30 for it to be cut out and replaced with a pipe it sounded good to me but just a little too raspy... sometimes its not people being cheap its people not having the money!!!!
    I agree, I never saw it as cheap. I saw it as ridding the car of another useless piece of equipment

There was absolutely nothing wrong with my cats. As a matter of fact, I had them both replaced under warranty right before I took them off for good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information