View Poll Results: X or Y

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Y'ed GMMG

    4 30.77%
  • Get X'ed TSP true duals

    9 69.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

X or Y?

This is a discussion on X or Y? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; http://lpparts.com/store/page5.html Thats the lpp stuff...

  1. #21
    Member jetaws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fallston, Maryland
    Posts
    576

    Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6


  2. #22
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post

    That looks like a dump system too. Its hard to find a over the Axel system.

  3. #23
    Member jetaws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fallston, Maryland
    Posts
    576

    Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    That looks like a dump system too. Its hard to find a over the Axel system.
    yea it is. I didnt know you wanted an over the axel

  4. #24
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post
    yea it is. I didnt know you wanted an over the axel
    Well im trying to figure out the options anyway.

  5. #25
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    i wonder if going with the lpp dual system and then taking it to a shop to extent over the axle would be cheaper

  6. #26
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    maybe i could get TSP to sell me their kit minus the mufflers?

  7. #27
    Member jetaws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fallston, Maryland
    Posts
    576

    Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6


  8. #28
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    It's nice how the bassani stays 3" all the way. My biggest problem with mine is that they go to 2.5" over the axle and I lose .5" ground clearance everywhere else for no damn reason. You might start a thread on norcal for shops who do mandrel bends although most are pretty useless for answers. I know Rick does mandrel so you might ask him how much if you purchase your own muffler or mufflers and he does the rest.

  9. #29
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    The problem with making the lpp or the tsp system go over the axle is the driver side pipe doesn't fit, you have electrical plugs that are in the way, and two rubber hoses that cross over and get in the way as well.

  10. #30
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post
    No mufflers?

  11. #31
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    It's nice how the bassani stays 3" all the way. My biggest problem with mine is that they go to 2.5" over the axle and I lose .5" ground clearance everywhere else for no damn reason. You might start a thread on norcal for shops who do mandrel bends although most are pretty useless for answers. I know Rick does mandrel so you might ask him how much if you purchase your own muffler or mufflers and he does the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The problem with making the lpp or the tsp system go over the axle is the driver side pipe doesn't fit, you have electrical plugs that are in the way, and two rubber hoses that cross over and get in the way as well.
    the bassani is just expensive. ill check with rick. Maybe i can keep the GMMG and cut it up to make it work for true duals? who knows. Custom GMMG maybe?

  12. #32
    Member jetaws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fallston, Maryland
    Posts
    576

    Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

    They are in the turn downs. There kinda like cherry bombs only they sound a lot better. There's a video (not great quality) on that photo bucket page

  13. #33
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    the bassani is just expensive. ill check with rick. Maybe i can keep the GMMG and cut it up to make it work for true duals? who knows. Custom GMMG maybe?
    Shit you spent over 700 for some crimped pipe I wouldn't drop 1,100 on that either but picking up a used x pipe and mufflers goes a long way to cheaping down a custom setup.

  14. #34
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    the bassani is just expensive.

    Yep, that's the reason we never tested that one. Would have loved to see how it compared to the mufflex 4 inch system.

  15. #35
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Shit you spent over 700 for some crimped pipe I wouldn't drop 1,100 on that either but picking up a used x pipe and mufflers goes a long way to cheaping down a custom setup.
    When i call Rick ill ask him what he can do for me.

  16. #36
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Didn't read all the posts. I vote neither X or Y. For your CI, I think a 4" Mufflex or a 4" Mufflex style exhaust would show great gains and maybe better then either the systems your considering. Put a 4" Ecutout on there and let it really shine. This is coming from a biased opinion yes, but the 4" has been proven a few times.

  17. #37
    MOTOR CITY MARO' SSTODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    LIVONIA,MICHIGAN
    Age
    51
    Posts
    786

    PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Here is the bassani

    http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/sdetail/43970


    other than that im having a hard time finding sstems. Do most people just fab their own?
    I thought I've seen this system for $930 with free shipping? I will have to look further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •