BLK
    2001 WS6

wires and plugs help.......

I just changed my wires and plugs tonight and the car does not seem to idle correctly. I first noticed it in the sound of the exhaust and then it sounded like a small spark happening on the right side of the motor. The exhaust sounds like it is missing and the spark sound only happens when you hear the exhaust missing. When looking at the tach. the rpms do not budge. when driving it accelerates normally but when coming to a stop the tach jumps down a couple hundred then bounces back. The plugs are bosch irridiums and the wires are the 8mm JBA's. I am waiting for the car to cool down so i can take the wires loose and reconnect them to see if that works. Until then i am asking if anyone has heard or has any suggestions. maybe it is just something small like one of the wires are not connected all the way, hopefully. any insite would be greatly appreciated. thanks a bunch

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

I would definitely check to see if the wires are all seated like you said. Not trying to bash you but Bosch plugs are the worst thing you could put in your car. We did an experiment with an ohm meter at our shop with NGK's, Autolite, and Delco plugs and the Boschs' ohmed out at 10-30,000 ohms more! I'd swap those for some NGK's or some Delco's in the future.

BLK
    2001 WS6

i checked them and one of the wires was a little loose. i appreciate the reply and i wish i had new that before i spent 8 bucks a plug on those bosch's. o well its back to running good again. thanks again

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 20_WS6_00 View Post
    i checked them and one of the wires was a little loose. i appreciate the reply and i wish i had new that before i spent 8 bucks a plug on those bosch's. o well its back to running good again. thanks again
    tehm bosch's are crap... my car didn't run good on them... i replaced them with autolites and couldn't be happier...

Thread Information