White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Will, SLP Lid, exhuast cut out Help

Well i just purchased a 01 Z28 6speed this will be my 5th ive owned and the car is completely stock for right now. Ive order a smooth bellow, SLP lid with the K&N and exhuast cut out. Thats pretty much all i want to do for now, will these mods help and what are you guys guessing at as far as rwhp. Thanks in advance

You will notice a difference from the lid and cut out. Maybe 20hp more.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

the smooth below is useless...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I decided to go with the Lsxtune since there doing it for 125.00 i think, its worth it to pick up a couple of more hp. Im wondering with the SLP Lid, K&N filter, 160 Thermo, Throttle body bypass, Exhuast cut out and Tune will those mods give atleast 15-20rwhp.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

more like 10-15 being really high

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im ok with that, i kinda figured. I know the real gains are from LT's with ORY and tune for those mods, forgot to mention 4.10's as well. I think im gonna have to wait till Christmas time to get the LT's and go from there, Thanks c5z28

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

glad you know, I would hold off on spending money on that tune and thermostat. Your car won't gain any real horsepower with a tune it just helps the air/fuel curve which you won't be affecting all that much. happy modding

catback and lid netted me 334 at the wheels

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I was thinking of getting a magnaflow catback since i had it on my 93Z, i took a look at it on the inside and its pretty much straight through. Guess ill just stick to the exhuast cut out, lid and save up for the LT's, ORY and tune in a couple of months. I might as well put in 4.10's so i can have my speedo re calibrated through the tune as well. It like to get her on the dyno and see what its pulling now. I called haddadmotorsports they was 95.00 for 3 runs and A/F so im gonna take it down there and hope for the best, Thanks again guys for the advice.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Lid/Exhaust Cutout are my two favorite "bang for buck" mods..

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I was thinking of getting a magnaflow catback since i had it on my 93Z, i took a look at it on the inside and its pretty much straight through. Guess ill just stick to the exhuast cut out, lid and save up for the LT's, ORY and tune in a couple of months. I might as well put in 4.10's so i can have my speedo re calibrated through the tune as well. It like to get her on the dyno and see what its pulling now. I called haddadmotorsports they was 95.00 for 3 runs and A/F so im gonna take it down there and hope for the best, Thanks again guys for the advice.

15-20 is reasonable. There we a great article on lids posted here (use search) and they all added 8-10 at the wheels. For $100 the lid is the biggest no-brainer in modding.

I would think a cutout bypassing the stock muffler could be worth another 10.

I agree skip the tune until you at least get LTs.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya, you guys are right i will definitly skip the tune. Im gonna install the lid in a few minutes and do my throttle body bypass. Its pretty windy outside so ill do the best i can with it.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Just installed my SLP lid and did a throttle body bypass. I drove it for about 15 minutes not long but didnt feel any difference at all. It actually just sounds a bit louder at WOT but i dont even hear the hissing noise when the car is cold like i did on my 01 SS. Well either way its proven to give you power so im not gonna dwell on it im gonna go ahead and install the exhuast cut out and hopefully pick up a few more hp.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

if anything with the lid you just feel quicker throttle response and you can hear the suction. Unfortunatley you wont feel the punch until you get those headers.

OMGls1jz
    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Just installed my SLP lid and did a throttle body bypass. I drove it for about 15 minutes not long but didnt feel any difference at all. It actually just sounds a bit louder at WOT but i dont even hear the hissing noise when the car is cold like i did on my 01 SS. Well either way its proven to give you power so im not gonna dwell on it im gonna go ahead and install the exhuast cut out and hopefully pick up a few more hp.
    where on your exhaust system are you gonna put your cutout? after the y-pipe?

i've heard the closer you put the cutout to the headers (before the merge into the y) the more power you will gain, is this true?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I usually just put it right before it goes over the axle. Ive heard that as well and it will have some ring of truth because your bypasing more piping before it exits so the closer it is to the headers the more power it will produce, less restricted. But then again i havent seen any dyno numbers to prove any of it but would make sense what your saying.

Thread Information