Will i pass emissions?

This is a discussion on Will i pass emissions? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; If i get tsp catted y with the high flow magnaflow cats, will i pass emissions if i'm not throwing ...

1999 Trans Am M6

Will i pass emissions?

If i get tsp catted y with the high flow magnaflow cats, will i pass emissions if i'm not throwing any codes? I'm just curious cuz a buddy of mine told me his friend had high flows on his stang and he failed.
    Last edited by GottaHaveLS1; 05-24-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

KillaKaliNaziFornia, CA
    its a hit or miss with the tech. if you move the stock cats from their stock locations you will fail... i have hi-flow cats and they aren't in the stock locations but i passed with flying colors

It also depends on how the test is done. Here in NY they don't dyno and sniffer test anything newer than 96 anymore. They hook your car up to a diagnostic computer, and run a test on it. If your car throws any codes or hasn't completed any of it monitors, you fail. So if you get a guy that doesn't care, you could have no cats and still pass. But if they still do a visual inspection for emission controls you'd need the high flows.

The great red state of MD.

2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've passed emissions twice with Mac mids, Ory and a Borla catback. (Once with the 224 cam loping). No visual, no codes, no problem.

Thread Information