Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Why no SLP

This is a discussion on Why no SLP within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by fxgs Here it is, straight from the pages, click the image for a larger version: Great material ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Here it is, straight from the pages, click the image for a larger version:
    Great material for a fire place.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mike13 View Post
    My understanding is SLP had alot to do with bringing the WS6 to market. Whether you like SLP or not they proved to GM that there is a market for upgraded performance cars.

If it weren't for a company like SLP for GM to offload low production run performace cars the only performance car might have been the Corvette. GM didn't think there was enough interest in fast F-bodies, they even thought of turning them into 4cylinder cars.

I'm not argueing their quality or customer service, jut saying in a time when nobody was going to touch a brand new federal emissions car and offer it thru a dealership SLP stepped up and proved it could be done.
    The LT1 WS6 shared the same ram-air hood and intake setup that was introduced on the '93 Firehawks - but that was about all it shared in common with SLP. Their name wasn't tagged to the 96-97 WS6 just as I had assumed. Their addition to Pontiac's lineup was only the Firehawk.

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Street Legal Performance did a great job on those Buick Grand Nationals yrs ago...86' and 87'. SLP and ASC have made some nice cars. I had SLP on my WS6 and it was fine. I loved the raspy sound. I play guitar in a heavy metal band. I play loud...tons of distortion on my amp. I love loud cars. I stand against the fence at car races and get dirt thrown on my face.
    Blues players hate my guitar tone...too much distortion and fuzz. I can't play Van Halen tricks with Stevie Ray Vaughn's bluesy tone. SLP sounds great to me...itz a personal thing...opinion.

2001 WS6 t-top M6 blue 260 KPH speedo...eh
    ASC build # 5430 Feb 15 2001
    SLP Headers and Loudmouth pipes...my neighbors love me...I start work at 5:00 AM!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information