Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

whats the difference in headers

This is a discussion on whats the difference in headers within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 1MileCrash i was actually just lookin at some of these headers as well...under $150 for some of ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i was actually just lookin at some of these headers as well...under $150 for some of em...holy crap i may be able to afford that in the near future.
    Yea, my friend just picked up a set for like 170 +shipping, and they are the same set, just different seller. I'm glad I saved $100 bucks goin with these cause the stainless looks great, especially after they get heat to them...they turn a copper color and have little bits of purple/blue in them.

  2. #22
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    you dont need a tune for the ls6 intake...if you are planing to install a cam/heads ..and or a stall..then yes wait to install your headers and get all of it tuned at once. another thing to think about with headers is the primary length and scavaging ect..this all effects where your power comes in. i know nothing about the ebay headers so i am no help there. you can have a fab shop fab up a y pipe to fit any headers. just some food for thought.

  3. #23
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you dont need a tune for the ls6 intake...if you are planing to install a cam/heads ..and or a stall..then yes wait to install your headers and get all of it tuned at once. another thing to think about with headers is the primary length and scavaging ect..this all effects where your power comes in. i know nothing about the ebay headers so i am no help there. you can have a fab shop fab up a y pipe to fit any headers. just some food for thought.
    The primaries are 1 3/4 and the secondary tubing is 1 5/8, dumped into a 3" collector. I'm not 100% sure about the full length, but from comparing pics to what I have they seem to be on par with the pacesetters I believe...

    QTP lt's usually net higher gains though don't they? I thought this was due to their longer length and better collector design (also huge 1 7/8 primaries wich help out bigger cube motors). But I don't think it's worth an extra few hp for $700..just my cheap ass .02 lol

  4. #24
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    The primaries are 1 3/4 and the secondary tubing is 1 5/8, dumped into a 3" collector. I'm not 100% sure about the full length, but from comparing pics to what I have they seem to be on par with the pacesetters I believe...

    QTP lt's usually net higher gains though don't they? I thought this was due to their longer length and better collector design (also huge 1 7/8 primaries wich help out bigger cube motors). But I don't think it's worth an extra few hp for $700..just my cheap ass .02 lol
    all this is awesome to hear, really stearin me towards the ebay headers. . . any installation difficulties. . . what did you do for a y, custom?

  5. #25
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    The primaries are 1 3/4 and the secondary tubing is 1 5/8, dumped into a 3" collector. I'm not 100% sure about the full length, but from comparing pics to what I have they seem to be on par with the pacesetters I believe...

    QTP lt's usually net higher gains though don't they? I thought this was due to their longer length and better collector design (also huge 1 7/8 primaries wich help out bigger cube motors). But I don't think it's worth an extra few hp for $700..just my cheap ass .02 lol
    yea in general qtp and kooks push more numbers..but yea you really cant go wrong with any lt..but i am going to save up and probbally get into a set of kooks or qtp, stall and tune next summer hopefully..with maybe some cam work.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    191

    Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

    I think pacesetters LT's are going to be the best bang for your buck.....thats what i have. And with the LT's i think you have to get a new y-pipe to link it with your catback. If you have to get it to pass emissions you'll have to get a highflow y-pip w/cats. Texas-speed has the headers and y w/cats for $699, $509 if you get the ORY

  7. #27
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    all this is awesome to hear, really stearin me towards the ebay headers. . . any installation difficulties. . . what did you do for a y, custom?
    I'm runnin open right now, but gettin TD's bent up Monday!!!

    The difficulties were getting the stock manifold and cat assembly out because the flange bolts were rusted on there, so they had to be pulled out as an assembly. We had to pound out the driver side floor board a little (I've heard you have to do with pacesetter lt's anyway), and heat wrap.




    You must get the driver side collector dropped down about 1/2" so it doesn't hit the floorboard (the guy who did mine dropped it like and inch, so it's down a little far. Any you must either block off the air/egr tubes or have them cut off and welded shut. If you go with emissions stuff then you'll have to slightly modify it to fit, as the air tubes are a little off...




    Hope this helps!

  8. #28
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    I think pacesetters LT's are going to be the best bang for your buck.....thats what i have. And with the LT's i think you have to get a new y-pipe to link it with your catback. If you have to get it to pass emissions you'll have to get a highflow y-pip w/cats. Texas-speed has the headers and y w/cats for $699, $509 if you get the ORY
    Not ot be a prick, but how are Pacesetters the best bang for the buck? I spent $240 shipped to my door and paid the guy $40 bucks when he only asked for $20 to do the welding. That's $280 for pretty much the same damn thing as Pacesetter, only these are stainless and not ceramic coated (helps a little with heat). Add $40 if you want for the heat wrap.

    Painted Pacesetters cost $280, and the paint burns off the second you start it up, and the ceramics are $385, so how are they the best bang for buck? I would like to see a dyno chart or something to prove this...

  9. #29
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    conroe tx
    Age
    38
    Posts
    497

    maple red metallic
    2000 firebird formula

    so when you eliminate the air/egr thingy does that make it difficult to pass emissions??..i hear you can eliminate that stuff from the ecu.....whats the word? i dont want my install to be a drawn out process....i think also i will have my exhaust guy make me a y-pipe instead of buying...it should be cheaper....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Whats the difference between these????
    By blackSS01 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:12 AM
  2. Whats the difference?
    By AB'sLs1 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 10:58 AM
  3. whats the difference
    By vytamenc in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
  4. Whats the difference?
    By bevenue in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 02:26 PM
  5. whats the difference?
    By Qwk94Z28 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •