black
    2000 c5

Whats that catback exhaust system

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, i'm new to this ls1 scene. Anyways.

I saw this c5 the other day on the road. And man did it sound nice, it was pretty quiet but its produced a good / nice balanced tone / rumble. To be honest the car sounded like a lamborgini, she drive the car pretty quickly however I am pretty sure it was stock like mine except for the exhaust (but man the girl driving the car was very attractive I almost forgot about the exhaust and rear ended on coming traffic ) BACK to the main subject the tips looked weird, they were centered like the standard C5 however the tips were two big uneven rectangle shaped.

I know it can just be a set of tips and doesn't actual have to be a catback system, but any suggestions out there???

Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions

Pat
    Last edited by rebel ls1; 04-03-2007 at 06:13 PM.

black
    2000 c5

alright everyone, i did a little research for catback systems for c5s and the exhaust which i saw looks like this one (see attachment)

now my new question is there any other company that offers a cat-back system that looks like this other than SLP???

thanks again

pat

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the pic you provided says SLP right on the mufflers. The sound you describe sounds like a corsa touring exhaust though. My buddy has it on his c-5 and it's a completely different sound than any other exhaust I've ever ran across. Very exotic sounding. Took me a while to get used to it....still not a huge fan of it but it's unique.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

bassani makes one similiar

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2000 c5

does the corsa exhaust have that same rectanglar style for its tips? and when you say exotic, do you mean it has a ricey tone aswell because most exotics like a 360 do. But the exhaust I heard was pretty deep at low revs and nice low / precise rumble when driving and screamed a bit (but a deep scream) when it accerlated, but not at anytime was the exhaust too loud or ricey?

and how loud is the SLP pro flow exhaust system?

thanks again

pat

Thread Information