Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

what y fits with ebay headers good?

just as the title says what y pipe is best for the ebay headers as far as fitment. Collectors are 3"

Impounded
    01 Trans am

Lsxtreme performance parts told me they would have them in about a week and a half. They sell on ebay sometimes... I got there headers and im waiting for there y. they got great quality stuff

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

I used the Texas Speed catted Y pipe. See this thread

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...istmas+goodies

Impounded
    01 Trans am

I tried the TSP y and it fit like crap lucky me some one bought it from me. The drivers side will not fit right. If you do get the pipe on the drivers side it will be slammed against the floor right by your break lines which is bad. The headers I have are not the same though so i am able to use a TSP with these headers... all I know is when I had the ebay LT I had to have a shop make mine.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i bought the stainless lpp ory for 200 hope it works

Impounded
    01 Trans am

It doesn't look like it will. Lpp has almost the same design as the pacesetter y. Instead of having a offset bent right before the collector it is stamped so it can fit over the bump in the floor board and the brake lines under the car. I hate that it just looks so cheap and restricts flow really bad. I know that back when I had the ebay headers I had to have my exhaust shop modify mine to fit right there. Im just going to wait for mine from LsXtreme. Hopefully the lpp will work for ya bro

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

yeah i hope if not i will take it to a shop and pay more money to get it modded to fit.

does anyone know where to get good exhaust clamps/ bands

and also what size i would need i have 3in collectors, 3" y and SLP LM2 would like to know if any of these things come with clamps

I also want to get msd cables anyone know the part number for them and good plugs to

thanks for the help

siver
    2000 ss camaro

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...oexaust003.jpg Here is what I had to do on mine!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by headpecker View Post
    Hehh. Looks like a cruder version of mine. (TSP Y pipe modified to fit to Ebay lts)

If you want a Y pipe that fits outta the box you're gonna need to buy headers that come WITH a y pipe.

siver
    2000 ss camaro

Yeah,that pic was taken as we were making it(just tack welded together) but we got it lookin prettier later! I just wanted to show what you have to do to make different parts work together!My E-bay headers are hooked up to an Edelbrock ORY. When you're piecing different brand parts together,dont expect them to match-up!!!

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    i bought the stainless lpp ory for 200 hope it works
    I myself like the LLP ypipe. It fits great on my OBX headers. OBX headers are the higherend side of the EBAY headers. Not too sure about the other ebay headers but my combo was a winner with NO modifications to the y or the headers to have them meet. Plus they have one of the best merges compared to alot of the bigger named products.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-28-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I myself like the LLP ypipe. It fits great on my OBX headers. OBX headers are the higherend side of the EBAY headers. Not too sure about the other ebay headers but my combo was a winner with NO modifications to the y or the headers to have them meet. Plus they have one of the best merges compared to alot of the bigger named products.
    OBX headers come with their own y pipe, why use an LPP? As for the higher end of Ebay headers, most would say not. They were designed off the old FLP headers, one of the oldest LS1 f body headers which no one else uses anymore. LPPs were desined off the Hooker/Edelbrock design which made most previous style headers (Mac, FLP, etc) obsolete. Glad you like em tho.

Red
    98 Trans Am

The OBX headers I have are the non kit type. It doesnt come with the cats and Ypipe cause its a totally different design. The OBX Headers I have are a stand alone. Theres a guy around here that has the kit. Im not sure if he's installed yet. I even asked the company if they sell a Y-pipe for these style headers and they told me they do not make y-pipe for these. From a "now" stand point, compared to alot of the other ebay headers that are floating around there, they are one of the better built ones. As you can see from my picture, the OBX slip on headers have a one piece design when it comes to the primaries unlike alot of the other lower quality ebay headers which have multiple sections. You can even see in the pic below on the OBX kit that the primaries are multiple sections. all i gotta say is... I like what I got. As soon as I get a sec, im gonna post a sound clip.
    Heres what I have

And heres the Kit type
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-28-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Oh, I'd never seen those. They are nicer than the kit ones. They look to me like a stainless version of Pacesetters. Would be nice if they came without the airpipes tho.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Oh, I'd never seen those. They are nicer than the kit ones. They look to me like a stainless version of Pacesetters. Would be nice if they came without the airpipes tho.
    THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING LOL!
    Im not sure, but they just might make the slip on type for the 00-02s with out the EGR/AIR tubing. I never really was looking for those kind cause i wanted to make my install as painless and mod free as possible so I got all the provisions and their hooked up. If anything you could always just block them off like alot of people do.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

where can i get the block off plates for the air/egr

also can i get a gm header gasket from any parts store or do i need to go to the stealership to get them

Red
    98 Trans Am

also can i get a gm header gasket from any parts store or do i need to go to the stealership to get them

Theres a ton on Ebay. As for the gaskets, I couldnt tell you. I myself got some NAPA Felpros (came with AIR/EGR gaskets too) NO leaks yet.
    I would post a link but im not sure if I can when it comes to ebay. (i got a wrist slap earlier ) but just type in LS1 block off plates in the search bar and it will pop up a bunch
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-28-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: minding my P's and Q's

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Speedinc sells nice ones pretty cheap. They're not a sponsor or I'd post a link.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Online sponsors sell the GM gaskets. They're the only ones I'd use.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

sweet went to the website and found what i was looking for cheep but still wondering if i can get the gm gaskets from local parts store instead of ordering them

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information