Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

What should be my next mod????

As of right now i have:

Full length Pacesetter LT headers
    SLP lid
    K&N filter
    SLP Smooth bellows (cuz i like to waste my money)
    TSP rumbler true duel system

And that's it... I'm in the midst of buying the FAST 90mm intake with the 90mm throttle body and getting a krazy cam from thunder racing!!!

But i wanna get minor things out of the way first before i start on the big projects so what do you think i should get that would be some extra RWHP adders that arent going to kill my poor pocket?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

i would wait on the fast intake and tb, your car isnt making enough HP to truely utilize a 90mm intake system. Theres many high HP ls1 that use only the ls6 intake with the factory maf and TB.

Also your choking out your factory heads if you install a radical cam and only have headers. Your best bet is buy heads along with the cam and get tuned.

your car will run stronger with heads, cam and headers and intake, headers and cam. You will just choke your stock heads.

what year ls1 do you have, or do you have the ls6 intake?

how agressive of a cam are you thinking about, 231/237 or smaller like a 224/224

on a side note instead of buying a slp bellow, you can save money by purchasing a fenco rubber pipe from a hardware store for $4.00

Also with power you need suspension, even though building up the rears suspension and chasis doesnt create more hp, it does create faster 1/4 mile times. THATS WHERE IT ALL COUNTS TOO..
    Last edited by ibanez7; 10-06-2005 at 03:23 PM.

I definatly am aware of the traction problems with our cars!! I was planning on getting a spoan adjustable torque arm, sub frames, moser 12-bolt, LCA's, Shocks, Traction bars, K member and i already have mickey Thompson ET streets 275/40/17 so i'll bite nice with that!!!

As far as my car i have a 02 T/A WS-6 with the LS6 intake, so i have the goods for higher hp. The cam from thunder racing i am getting is 236/230 .602/.575 112 LSA so it is pretty wild for the street but i can use it with stock heads and from the dyno's i've seen personally from TR with my mods, the cam and a nice dyno turn the car will throw down 428RWHP and 401RWTQ which are very impressive numbers.

So thats y i was just curious as to which parts i should look into getting (small parts) like sparks and wires. T-stat and underdrives. Altinator and cooling. I was looking to get all the basics done before the cam goes in and if anyone has any further suggestions as to what little things i should do i would be greatly appriciative!!!

My car is an M6 btw also!!

Any ideas? I was looking at the MSD blaster coil packs for our cars and was thinking about small things like that to give you an idea of what i mean.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

sfc's phb, lca's, relocation brackets, tstat, you do not need new coilpacks, but if you must, get the ls2's. speaking of ls2 get yourself a ls2 chain for the cam install as well as a ported oil pump.

So your saying i shouldn't get the MSD blaster coils with ngk55's and some 8.5mm wires?? How come out of curiousity? Also with a new 160 degree tstat dont i need to re program the computer to acknowledge the new temp i want the fans to switch on at?

BlackHawk T/A
    All of the above...but don't bother with the 160 T-Stat...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

ngk55 along with taylor 10.4mm is what I'm running!! they work fine!

Works for me... Sounds good thanks guyz!

Thread Information