red
    99 camaro

what mods next???

I am trying to decide what to do next. Im looking at a ported tb and maybe 3.73 gears or an ls6 intake. I have hooker long tubes and tsp oryp with hooker catback, slp lid with ram air mod and frost tune. I was wondering if the tb needs to be adressed and made to the full 75mm bore before I would realize the full potential of the ls6 intake? I also have an a4 with 3.23 gears and am wondering if anyone else has the 3.73 and drives the interstate alot? Im currently getting about 300 miles per tank and thought I should get better than that, maybe wishfull thinking???

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

300 miles a tank is pretty damn good. i only get like 250 ish, but thats with a lot of spirited driving

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I got tops 260 maybe if im really pushing it 270 80% city driving. I think thats pretty decent. So getting maybe 290-300 should'nt be that difficult if you keep most of your driving highway. My avg MPG is about 18.64 so mostly city driving im happy with that and im not a lead foot but i do get on it at times.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 04-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.

red
    99 camaro

thats on interstat runnin 80-85 90% of the time. What mod next, pptb or ls6 intake??? I wonder how much gears will affect my mileage??

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

If you're on the highway a lot i wouldn't recommend the gears. Your RPMs are gonna be around 2500 at 70 which is pretty high. If you really want more bang for your buck get a stall. P&P your TB and get an LS6 intake. After a tune you should be happy with it till the next mods come along.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I wouldn't waste my time putting any money/mods on the 10 bolt, save for a real rearend instead.

Your next mod should be a stall converter, 3500 range.

red
    99 camaro

So no pptb or ls6 intake??? Im not intrested in spending 350 and time and labor on the ls6 intake for 10hp. If thats all its good for then Id rather spend 300 and buy my friends new unused nitrous kit and spray a 100 shot for now. Id be intrested in a stall but the cars got 150k on it and I dont know if it would be a good idea to spend $800 on a stall and not have the trans rebuilt at the same time and the cooler put on too. The trans shifts beautifully and runs prefectly but if the sunshell explodes then there goes my new $800 stall. help me out here people.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JRENIGAR View Post
    So no pptb or ls6 intake??? Im not intrested in spending 350 and time and labor on the ls6 intake for 10hp. If thats all its good for then Id rather spend 300 and buy my friends new unused nitrous kit and spray a 100 shot for now. Id be intrested in a stall but the cars got 150k on it and I dont know if it would be a good idea to spend $800 on a stall and not have the trans rebuilt at the same time and the cooler put on too. The trans shifts beautifully and runs prefectly but if the sunshell explodes then there goes my new $800 stall. help me out here people.
    I say tranny cooler, stall, ls6 intake, P&P TB, and tune
    Save up for a 12 bolt

It will wake the car up

red
    99 camaro

^^^ ok, but if the trans blows up your fixing it!!! jk... Im gonna just port the tb myself and get the ls6 intake for now. Will get the stall soon enough and the cooler same time. I have hp tuners and had frost to do a mail order tune for my mods anticipating a ls6 intake and a 100 shot but not a stall. Guess I will have to figure out how to tune for a stall now.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JRENIGAR View Post
    ^^^ ok, but if the trans blows up your fixing it!!! jk... Im gonna just port the tb myself and get the ls6 intake for now. Will get the stall soon enough and the cooler same time. I have hp tuners and had frost to do a mail order tune for my mods anticipating a ls6 intake and a 100 shot but not a stall. Guess I will have to figure out how to tune for a stall now.
    If you're really iffy on it get yourself a built trans or get yours beefed up at the same time. The 4l60e is a weak spot. Not saying it'll blow up on you but not saying it won't. Plus it all depends on the stall and how you drive it.

red
    99 camaro

Kinda tight on money right now but would probably do it next tax season. Its boating time around the house and trips to the lake suck down quite a bit right now. I can still manage to spend some just not 2k all at once. I was thinking either pptb or ls6 intake, but Im unsure as to how much the intake is really worth for daily driving and short wot blasts. I dont really do the street racing bit but on the interstate theres always a new mustang that just has to try the ole Z and well, you get the point.

Thread Information