Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

What Kind of Headers Should i get?

This is a discussion on What Kind of Headers Should i get? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA American Racings Y has a merge collector. QTPs Y fits like poo. Two friends of mine ...

  1. #21
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    American Racings Y has a merge collector. QTPs Y fits like poo. Two friends of mine have them and both hate them. That merge is good for maybe a .5 hp gain over a "slammed one" anyway.
    Once again, your proof is always someone elses? To of my friends have them

    And again, not everything is a direct bolt-on!

    .5 horsepower, although basically nothing is better! The original thread starter said best setup not the best looking!

    Ar doesn't even make a LTH setup for LT1's anyway!

  2. #22
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Once again, your proof is always someone elses? To of my friends have them

    And again, not everything is a direct bolt-on!

    .5 horsepower, although basically nothing is better! The original thread starter said best setup not the best looking!

    Ar doesn't even make a LTH setup for LT1's anyway!
    You were the one slamming the AR Y pipe, saying QTPs is better cause of the merge, just responding to your complete ignorance. Want proof, check out all the pics of ARs Y in this thread. (particularly post #22) http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...merican&page=2

  3. #23
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    You were the one slamming the AR Y pipe, saying QTPs is better cause of the merge, just responding to your complete ignorance. Want proof, check out all the pics of ARs Y in this thread. (particularly post #22) http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...merican&page=2
    Ignorance, WTF are you talking about! You talk more smack than anyone..


    And your link you posted shows how the AR Y-pipe is basically 2 pipes side by side. There is nothing smooth about that... Whatever,

  4. #24
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Ignorance, WTF are you talking about! You talk more smack than anyone..


    And your link you posted shows how the AR Y-pipe is basically 2 pipes side by side. There is nothing smooth about that... Whatever,
    Wow! Talk about denial. The truth hurts huh? Try not to let it sting too bad.


  5. #25
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    Where can I find the american racing headers? I thought Kooks where the best and I was going to order them soon but now I don't know. I currently have a corsa waiting to go on too. MONEY IS NO ISSUE I WANT THE BEST!!!


    These are what ive got


    http://www.mphparts.com/mm5/merchant...BLS1EX-AMERRAC
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

    12.6 at 112

    http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

  6. #26
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Wow! Talk about denial. The truth hurts huh? Try not to let it sting too bad.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Dude, you don't even know what you are showing me! The thread starter estimates a 50hp gain, WTF, and you beleive him. Your pathetic!

    There is no purpose to have a merge collector there. I have not seen a dyno sheet yet, which the thread starter said he would provide?

  7. #27
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Dude, you don't even know what you are showing me! The thread starter estimates a 50hp gain, WTF, and you beleive him. Your pathetic!

    There is no purpose to have a merge collector there. I have not seen a dyno sheet yet, which the thread starter said he would provide?
    Never said anything about gains. You said the QTP was better cause the FM merge collector. Now you're saying you don't need one there. lol

  8. #28
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Never said anything about gains. You said the QTP was better cause the FM merge collector. Now you're saying you don't need one there. lol
    ^^

    I stated that the AR Y-pipe has no need to have a HVMC collector. You have a hard time reading, don't you...

    There are different kinds of merge collectors, just like some headers have crimped tubes which is most common, some have shrunk tubes merging into a cone as are the AR's and QTP's and some don't a merge at all.

    You never said anthing about gains? but then why is it better, oh, thats right, cause it fits better!! Oh, hmm, now I get it..

  9. #29
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    ^^

    I stated that the AR Y-pipe has no need to have a HVMC collector. You have a hard time reading, don't you...

    There are different kinds of merge collectors, just like some headers have crimped tubes which is most common, some have shrunk tubes merging into a cone as are the AR's and QTP's and some don't a merge at all.

    You never said anthing about gains? but then why is it better, oh, thats right, cause it fits better!! Oh, hmm, now I get it..
    Actually you said the AR Y slams one pipe into the other like everyone elses, which is does not.
    ARs is better cause it fits better and is actually stainless steel, QTPs is not. As far as gains go cheap ass Flowtechs and their Y are gonna perform as good as big $ headers imo.

  10. #30
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Actually you said the AR Y slams one pipe into the other like everyone elses, which is does not.
    ARs is better cause it fits better and is actually stainless steel, QTPs is not. As far as gains go cheap ass Flowtechs and their Y are gonna perform as good as big $ headers imo.
    I agree with the stainless vs. aluminized and the fact that you don't have to spend big money to get a big gain!

  11. #31
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Let me end it for both of you.....REAL CARS HAVE REAL DUALS!!!
    Y pipes are for front wheel drive cars...........
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  12. #32
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Let me end it for both of you.....REAL CARS HAVE REAL DUALS!!!
    Y pipes are for front wheel drive cars...........
    Haha, true dat. 9t8Z at least we agree on something.

  13. #33
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Let me end it for both of you.....REAL CARS HAVE REAL DUALS!!!
    Y pipes are for front wheel drive cars...........
    yes, your right, I gotta get mine back on

  14. #34
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Haha, true dat. 9t8Z at least we agree on something.
    and yes, you are very right

  15. #35
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    I will find ANY way I can to get around emissions if that is what is holding me back and have one of my good fabbers make me up a nice pair of duals that HUG the floor. NO droopy hanging down bull shit.
    We usually do it out of U and L bends tack it then go to our tig welder.

  16. #36
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    I will find ANY way I can to get around emissions if that is what is holding me back and have one of my good fabbers make me up a nice pair of duals that HUG the floor. NO droopy hanging down bull shit.
    We usually do it out of U and L bends tack it then go to our tig welder.
    That is exactly how we design our systems, then they go off to the mandrel bender and then test fitted again

  17. #37
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    what about the hooker set thats what i have bine looking at

  18. #38
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    what about the hooker set thats what i have bine looking at
    What is the part # you are referring to? Are they Super Comps. ?

  19. #39
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    yes they are the super comps, with the couting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone Know What Kind?
    By crombie02 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
  2. what kind of headers?
    By jmatt07 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 01:56 PM
  3. What kind of headers do you have?
    By Damage Inc. in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 07:05 PM
  4. What kind of headers do you have?
    By Scorch in forum External Engine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:38 AM
  5. What kind of car are you?
    By BIGRED Z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •