Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What Exhaust system?

This is a discussion on What Exhaust system? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; WWW.LS1sounds.com should find something you like there...

Black
    99 SS

WWW.LS1sounds.com

should find something you like there

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ +1

Admiral Biotch

Metallic Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Ive decided that I want true duals. Im thinking 2.5" ORX, Borla Pro XS. It sounds very tough. I cant decide on a header, any suggestions? I want it to sound as tough and loud as possible...no rasp. And as much performance and power as possible. I checked up on X and H piping. H is louder, but X is more power. So I'm going to go with the X pipe.

How is SLP LM, SLP LT? I found that SLP has the loudest best sounding ones so far.

If anyone thinks theres something better for what im looking for then post it up please!

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

I have the SLP loudmouth on my ls1 with stock manifolds and cats and i love it. If you run that system with an ory and headers it will be obnoxiously loud. As far as headers go stay away from the SLP LT. I have heard nothing good about them (bad clearance and cost to much for what your getting). As far as headers go you cant beat the pacesetters for the money. They will flake and rust though after about two years. If your looking in the $700-$900 range I would check out Kooks, Hooker, QTP.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by crimson Tiger View Post
    Ive decided that I want true duals. Im thinking 2.5" ORX, Borla Pro XS. It sounds very tough. I cant decide on a header, any suggestions? I want it to sound as tough and loud as possible...no rasp. And as much performance and power as possible. I checked up on X and H piping. H is louder, but X is more power. So I'm going to go with the X pipe.

How is SLP LM, SLP LT? I found that SLP has the loudest best sounding ones so far.

If anyone thinks theres something better for what im looking for then post it up please!
    have you listened to slp exhaust at all?? all it is is rasp and resonance! i personally love it, but from what you want is low and loud, which will only be obtained from running true duals, which slp doesnt make, BUT you could search the parts classifieds and see if anyone has those little resonators from slp for sale, and just pipe you true duals and use those as a muffler! that would probably be the sound your after, loud, good performing and throaty!!!!

good luck

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I see slp resonators for sale on ebay quite a bit new. If you have the money I would go with kooks lt headers and bassani true duals. Hells yeah!!!!!

2000 SS

I have a MagnaFlow catback and it is very very quiet untill WOT. I love how vettes think I'm stock until I'm passin them LOL. The Loud Mouth is very load and sounds pretty good IMO. Borla is a great sound, but not worth the money to me. I paid $375 shipped for my Stainless MagnaFlow Go to LS1sound.com and listen to them for yourself.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

is your kit the one with the exhaust tips taht are like 2 feet long?? and are stainless cause if so all i want is the tips becuase they look so good compared to my dual duals

2000 SS

yeah those are the ones. I get a lot of complements from other racers about this stainless system. I couldn't be happier.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

nice, hey where are you located in so cal?? and do you race at the track, go to cruises? let me know

2000 SS

Yeah, I live in Upland. I am going to be going to Fontana drags this weekend. You should come. I usually meet up with quite a few F-Body's out there.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

well i will go if i dont get to dyno my car for free, which now seems kinda unlikely! but sat night is my best friends 21st b day party, so i am going to be at his house by 7, is this day drags or night?

2000 SS

I believe gates open @ 7 AM. I'm not 100% sure if I'm gonna go yet, but I probably will.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah they open at 7, depending on if my buddy is coming down from san luis obispo is whether or not i go. but i will be at irwindale this thrusday! you goin there?

2000 SS

1/8 mile isn't my favorite. I usually only race in the 1/4.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

well now it looks like i will be at fontana which is cool and i am putting my other rear end in tommorrow with 4.10's and a ultimate struss kit. should run pretty good counting on i have traction. hope so well see.

oh have you ever been to irwindale? if not you need to go i think it will change your opnion on 1/8 mile, trac is clean , always fairly open traction is good. and no to far away from ie

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Wondering what exhaust system would be the best for power, that has a deep rumble and is loud. Im a noob here, so im not really sure. I was leaning towards a borla system b/c i hear they are deep. I will not buy anything but the best! And I would like the car to be legal....but if it makes a big difference...I will do otherwise if its worth it. Oh and I want to put true duals on there too. Im not sure what thickness the pipes or muffler tips should be. What do you guys think?

I have the borla on mine. If you want to hear it in person I can meet up with you somewhere. There is a pewter T/A in town with the Borla, Flowtech headers and ORY too. He's usually cruising grand on the weekend. He got coated ones and the coating starting coming off after the first winter. If you get headers get stainless in this area if you don't want to look at rust in a year.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    well now it looks like i will be at fontana which is cool and i am putting my other rear end in tommorrow with 4.10's and a ultimate struss kit. should run pretty good counting on i have traction. hope so well see.

oh have you ever been to irwindale? if not you need to go i think it will change your opnion on 1/8 mile, trac is clean , always fairly open traction is good. and no to far away from ie
    Not trying to be a ass but this is what PMs are for.

Admiral Biotch

Metallic Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I have the borla on mine. If you want to hear it in person I can meet up with you somewhere. There is a pewter T/A in town with the Borla, Flowtech headers and ORY too. He's usually cruising grand on the weekend. He got coated ones and the coating starting coming off after the first winter. If you get headers get stainless in this area if you don't want to look at rust in a year.
    kool kool. I heard the borla on sounds.com and it sounded great. But with true duals I cant go with that. I really like the sound of the bassani or xs pro borla. I will probably go with one of those two. Going to get 2.5" (X) piping with some longtube heads. I want it to sound really tuff, and I'm hoping that I can compete with trucks for sound. But it has to sound badass ya know what im sayin

I have seen a pewter t/a around town. I saw that it was a girl driver though..so im not sure if thats the same one or not.

I was driving my dd the other day, when a formula t/a pulled up next to me at the stoplight. I was thinking about reving up my engine to race for the hell of it. I have a 2001 Grand am GT btw. But I didnt do anything cuz I didnt want him to waste his gas lmao. I only drive my ws6 on the weekends. And I also like to cruise grand. What times you guys usually cruise there?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

kool kool. I heard the borla on sounds.com and it sounded great. But with true duals I cant go with that. I really like the sound of the bassani or xs pro borla. I will probably go with one of those two. Going to get 2.5" (X) piping with some longtube heads. I want it to sound really tuff, and I'm hoping that I can compete with trucks for sound. But it has to sound badass ya know what im sayin

I have seen a pewter t/a around town. I saw that it was a girl driver though..so im not sure if thats the same one or not.

I was driving my dd the other day, when a formula t/a pulled up next to me at the stoplight. I was thinking about reving up my engine to race for the hell of it. I have a 2001 Grand am GT btw. But I didnt do anything cuz I didnt want him to waste his gas lmao. I only drive my ws6 on the weekends. And I also like to cruise grand. What times you guys usually cruise there?
    The Bassani Tru duals is an awsome sounding system man -no doubt. If I had the money I would go with that for sure. Make sure you find someone good to install it for you. I went to a place and they put some kid on my car who didnt have a clue. It took him 4 hours to weld on a slp LM cat back and he fked it up. It hits cause he didnt test fit it before he started welding. Idiot.
    Its so hard to find a good shop anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information