Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What else should I do (full bolt-ons)

Current mods: Slp lid, LMII catback, nitto 555

Will be installing:
    ARH 1 7/8 race headers, catted Y
    Adj. panhard bar
    SFC's

Dyno tuned.

I'm trying to figure out where to get an underdrive pulley from and what to do with my throttle body exactly. Please, any help is appreciated!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Gohard View Post
    Current mods: Slp lid, LMII catback, nitto 555

Will be installing:
    ARH 1 7/8 race headers, catted Y
    Adj. panhard bar
    SFC's

Dyno tuned.

I'm trying to figure out where to get an underdrive pulley from and what to do with my throttle body exactly. Please, any help is appreciated!
    Depending on what intake you are going to get depends on what to do with the throttle body. If you are going to get the ls6 intake I would just port the stock TB but if you are going to get something like the FAST I would just buy the FAST 90 tb or something similar.

Silver
    2000 z28

lakewood traction bars will really enhance those drag radials i got the adjustable ones and theyre grrrrreat!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Depending on what intake you are going to get depends on what to do with the throttle body. If you are going to get the ls6 intake I would just port the stock TB but if you are going to get something like the FAST I would just buy the FAST 90 tb or something similar.
    My car already has the ls6 intake (02 ta) and figured I'll just stick with it.
    The shop I am doing the install in wants a little too much for the porting

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

My car already has the ls6 intake (02 ta) and figured I'll just stick with it.
    The shop I am doing the install in wants a little too much for the porting
    How much is the quote for the porting? You can do it yourself you know. Also there are places that will do it for $70.00 or less you just have to send them your TB. Haha didn't realize you had an 02 wasn't paying attention to that.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Would recommend LCA Relocation brackets and LCAs if you're worried about traction, if not port your TB, and get all the free mods out of the way.
    Anything after that and you get deeper into your suspension and engine

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Would recommend LCA Relocation brackets and LCAs if you're worried about traction, if not port your TB, and get all the free mods out of the way.
    Anything after that and you get deeper into your suspension and engine
    :agree:

black
    1999 camaro SS

suspension-drivetrain-motor

you really should do one section at a time and when you feel like there's nothing left you want to do or change move onto the next. if you do engine mods last and you've fully accomplished the first 2 then you never have to wonder about your car handling what ever power you add because you will know what your car is capable of at that point.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post

you really should do one section at a time and when you feel like there's nothing left you want to do or change move onto the next. if you do engine mods last and you've fully accomplished the first 2 then you never have to wonder about your car handling what ever power you add because you will know what your car is capable of at that point.
    That is what I did. It sucks having 12K into a car and it still runs 13's

I couldn't agree more partner, that is my ideal way to get it done suspension>drivetrain>motor. And personally I think it's the BEST way to do it
    But I figure to just get the bolt ons out of the way and get a good tune to hold me right until I can afford a good h/c package.

I have my order in for the headers and adj. panhard bar. Hopefully this week I'll have the headers/Y, adj. panhard bar, and SFC's all installed. I have to get the ported tb in that list before the final tune.

BTW the shop will charge me $375 to put on headers/y, panhard bar, and weld-in sfc'. Seem like a fair price?

black
    1999 camaro SS

BTW the shop will charge me $375 to put on headers/y, panhard bar, and weld-in sfc'. Seem like a fair price?
    it would be cheaper to do it yourself. get bolt in SFC's then you can take it to a shop and they can weld it in permanantly in 10 mins right infront of you and they shouldn't charge you more than 30 bucks. adj panhard is easy too.

don't do headers until you get heads. I know I'll probably get flamed for telling you this because alot of people have done headers without puttibg new heads on and everything works fine.

you'll see when you get the manifolds off that with a few more bolts and hoses removed you could change your heads easy. if you just do headers then later on you will have to take all that crap back off again to do your heads and headers are a real pita to remove. speaking from experience. the headers for my current camaro are in a box in my room still.

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    That is what I did. It sucks having 12K into a car and it still runs 13's
    4k in suspension so far and I'm no faster lol

Silver
    2000 z28

thats pretty cheap but im gonna agree with doing it yourself and run to a muffler shop itll prolly b the cheapest person to weld it for you

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

4k in suspension so far and I'm no faster lol
    Out of everything I've done, I've cut 0.6 off my time in the 1/4. Only HP adders is LT's, exhaust, and lid. I'm hoping for 12.8's come this year. I just need to get my launch better.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Out of everything I've done, I've cut 0.6 off my time in the 1/4. Only HP adders is LT's, exhaust, and lid. I'm hoping for 12.8's come this year. I just need to get my launch better.
    everything is stock on my motor except for some cheapo lid the old owner put on, k&n filter and free ram air mod. I'm almost done installing the suspension.
    my next things I'm getting are wheels and tires. then rear end. then c6 z06 brake conversion. after that all I'll have to upgrade is the tranny and I can finaly rip into my engine. I don't have to worry about my drive shaft because the previous owner put in some fat aluminum one from a company I've never heard of lol

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

everything is stock on my motor except for some cheapo lid the old owner put on, k&n filter and free ram air mod. I'm almost done installing the suspension.
    my next things I'm getting are wheels and tires. then rear end. then c6 z06 brake conversion. after that all I'll have to upgrade is the tranny and I can finaly rip into my engine. I don't have to worry about my drive shaft because the previous owner put in some fat aluminum one from a company I've never heard of lol
    Great minds think alike

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Throttle body recommendation:
    Shaner
    S2performance.net

That S3 looks pretty good.

Anyone ever try the one on ebay? There's always a hot chick with big tits holding a ported tb in the pics.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The S3 is what I have. Its a damn nice piece for sure. I was impressed

Thread Information