Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

What else should I do (full bolt-ons)

This is a discussion on What else should I do (full bolt-ons) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Current mods: Slp lid, LMII catback, nitto 555 Will be installing: ARH 1 7/8 race headers, catted Y Adj. panhard ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Gohard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    67
    2002 WS6 M6

    What else should I do (full bolt-ons)

    Current mods: Slp lid, LMII catback, nitto 555

    Will be installing:
    ARH 1 7/8 race headers, catted Y
    Adj. panhard bar
    SFC's

    Dyno tuned.

    I'm trying to figure out where to get an underdrive pulley from and what to do with my throttle body exactly. Please, any help is appreciated!

  2. #2
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohard View Post
    Current mods: Slp lid, LMII catback, nitto 555

    Will be installing:
    ARH 1 7/8 race headers, catted Y
    Adj. panhard bar
    SFC's

    Dyno tuned.

    I'm trying to figure out where to get an underdrive pulley from and what to do with my throttle body exactly. Please, any help is appreciated!
    Depending on what intake you are going to get depends on what to do with the throttle body. If you are going to get the ls6 intake I would just port the stock TB but if you are going to get something like the FAST I would just buy the FAST 90 tb or something similar.

  3. #3
    Member 00ls-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kilgore Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    378

    Silver
    2000 z28

    lakewood traction bars will really enhance those drag radials i got the adjustable ones and theyre grrrrreat!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member Gohard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    67
    2002 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Depending on what intake you are going to get depends on what to do with the throttle body. If you are going to get the ls6 intake I would just port the stock TB but if you are going to get something like the FAST I would just buy the FAST 90 tb or something similar.
    My car already has the ls6 intake (02 ta) and figured I'll just stick with it.
    The shop I am doing the install in wants a little too much for the porting

  5. #5
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohard View Post
    My car already has the ls6 intake (02 ta) and figured I'll just stick with it.
    The shop I am doing the install in wants a little too much for the porting
    How much is the quote for the porting? You can do it yourself you know. Also there are places that will do it for $70.00 or less you just have to send them your TB. Haha didn't realize you had an 02 wasn't paying attention to that.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Would recommend LCA Relocation brackets and LCAs if you're worried about traction, if not port your TB, and get all the free mods out of the way.
    Anything after that and you get deeper into your suspension and engine

  7. #7
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Would recommend LCA Relocation brackets and LCAs if you're worried about traction, if not port your TB, and get all the free mods out of the way.
    Anything after that and you get deeper into your suspension and engine
    :agree:

  8. #8
    Member xmarkx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    EAST bay area Cali
    Posts
    634

    black
    1999 camaro SS

    suspension-drivetrain-motor

    you really should do one section at a time and when you feel like there's nothing left you want to do or change move onto the next. if you do engine mods last and you've fully accomplished the first 2 then you never have to wonder about your car handling what ever power you add because you will know what your car is capable of at that point.

  9. #9
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    suspension-drivetrain-motor

    you really should do one section at a time and when you feel like there's nothing left you want to do or change move onto the next. if you do engine mods last and you've fully accomplished the first 2 then you never have to wonder about your car handling what ever power you add because you will know what your car is capable of at that point.
    That is what I did. It sucks having 12K into a car and it still runs 13's

  10. #10
    Junior Member Gohard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    67
    2002 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    suspension-drivetrain-motor

    you really should do one section at a time and when you feel like there's nothing left you want to do or change move onto the next. if you do engine mods last and you've fully accomplished the first 2 then you never have to wonder about your car handling what ever power you add because you will know what your car is capable of at that point.
    I couldn't agree more partner, that is my ideal way to get it done suspension>drivetrain>motor. And personally I think it's the BEST way to do it
    But I figure to just get the bolt ons out of the way and get a good tune to hold me right until I can afford a good h/c package.

    I have my order in for the headers and adj. panhard bar. Hopefully this week I'll have the headers/Y, adj. panhard bar, and SFC's all installed. I have to get the ported tb in that list before the final tune.

  11. #11
    Junior Member Gohard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    67
    2002 WS6 M6

    BTW the shop will charge me $375 to put on headers/y, panhard bar, and weld-in sfc'. Seem like a fair price?

  12. #12
    Member xmarkx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    EAST bay area Cali
    Posts
    634

    black
    1999 camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohard View Post
    BTW the shop will charge me $375 to put on headers/y, panhard bar, and weld-in sfc'. Seem like a fair price?
    it would be cheaper to do it yourself. get bolt in SFC's then you can take it to a shop and they can weld it in permanantly in 10 mins right infront of you and they shouldn't charge you more than 30 bucks. adj panhard is easy too.


    don't do headers until you get heads. I know I'll probably get flamed for telling you this because alot of people have done headers without puttibg new heads on and everything works fine.

    you'll see when you get the manifolds off that with a few more bolts and hoses removed you could change your heads easy. if you just do headers then later on you will have to take all that crap back off again to do your heads and headers are a real pita to remove. speaking from experience. the headers for my current camaro are in a box in my room still.

  13. #13
    Member xmarkx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    EAST bay area Cali
    Posts
    634

    black
    1999 camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    That is what I did. It sucks having 12K into a car and it still runs 13's
    4k in suspension so far and I'm no faster lol

  14. #14
    Member 00ls-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kilgore Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    378

    Silver
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohard View Post
    BTW the shop will charge me $375 to put on headers/y, panhard bar, and weld-in sfc'. Seem like a fair price?
    thats pretty cheap but im gonna agree with doing it yourself and run to a muffler shop itll prolly b the cheapest person to weld it for you

  15. #15
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    4k in suspension so far and I'm no faster lol
    Out of everything I've done, I've cut 0.6 off my time in the 1/4. Only HP adders is LT's, exhaust, and lid. I'm hoping for 12.8's come this year. I just need to get my launch better.
    It's on jackstands.

  16. #16
    Member xmarkx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    EAST bay area Cali
    Posts
    634

    black
    1999 camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Out of everything I've done, I've cut 0.6 off my time in the 1/4. Only HP adders is LT's, exhaust, and lid. I'm hoping for 12.8's come this year. I just need to get my launch better.
    everything is stock on my motor except for some cheapo lid the old owner put on, k&n filter and free ram air mod. I'm almost done installing the suspension.
    my next things I'm getting are wheels and tires. then rear end. then c6 z06 brake conversion. after that all I'll have to upgrade is the tranny and I can finaly rip into my engine. I don't have to worry about my drive shaft because the previous owner put in some fat aluminum one from a company I've never heard of lol

  17. #17
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    everything is stock on my motor except for some cheapo lid the old owner put on, k&n filter and free ram air mod. I'm almost done installing the suspension.
    my next things I'm getting are wheels and tires. then rear end. then c6 z06 brake conversion. after that all I'll have to upgrade is the tranny and I can finaly rip into my engine. I don't have to worry about my drive shaft because the previous owner put in some fat aluminum one from a company I've never heard of lol
    Great minds think alike

  18. #18
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Throttle body recommendation:
    Shaner
    S2performance.net

  19. #19
    Junior Member Gohard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    67
    2002 WS6 M6

    That S3 looks pretty good.

    Anyone ever try the one on ebay? There's always a hot chick with big tits holding a ported tb in the pics.

  20. #20
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    The S3 is what I have. Its a damn nice piece for sure. I was impressed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Full bolt on power?
    By TransAmPhantom in forum External Engine
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 01:26 AM
  2. what are full bolt-ons?
    By Z28pwrHecz in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 06:54 AM
  3. full bolt on's
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. videos with the TA, 402 ls2 full bolt ons.
    By djvaly in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:03 AM
  5. HP Estimate? Full Bolt-Ons
    By CWW17 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 08:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •