White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Question What to do next? with $1500 for parts

I have a 2000 camaro SS. It is suposidly the SLP but it dose not have the billisten shocks. I beleve that that former owner repleaced them with standard SS shocks. I have already put on the ship shift eliminator crossdrilled rotors preformance pads hypertech power programer centerforce cyntrifigal clutch and a better altinator. I have also done every free mod that I can think of. I just ordered a new substantialy inproved T-56 and 4 new tiers none of them have gotten here yet. after all of this I will still have $1500 left over from my tax return. naturaly it will now go to my car. what are your sugestions on what I should do next. more power is always wanted but it would also be nice to reduce wheel hope and wandering on uneven paved surfices (incidently I have noticed that it wanders far less with new tiers, Why is that?)
    anyway sugestions would deffinitly be nice as I have not put too much money in to this one yet
    Thanks
    P.S. anything I need to do must be for the most part bot-on as this is my daily driver. I am more than capable of staying awake for 48hours working on my vehicals I do it all of the time so I can get an awfull lot done in one weekend befor I need the car for work again I also have access to a very well supplyed shop. I can do just about anything I just don't have a lot of specific experiance with LS-1's and bolt on's
    Last edited by ryan_gilson; 04-12-2006 at 07:09 PM.

sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

most people would say to do up your suspension...thats what im doing next...but if u dont have a intake, exhuast, long tubes. etc... do that, but hey, what do i know

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

I'll look into it.
    I belong to a club called SME (socity of manufacturing enginers) they did a test on the whole induction thind and found that filters and intakes don't realy make much of a difference rather the density of the air witch dose not necisarily have a direct corilation with how smothe the passage way is or isin't the trick is to flow denser air not more air but it also may have been jaded becasue they did the studdys on 4cylenders not 350 V8's. I will look in to the induction thing a little more. I already have the factory ram air so I realy qustion the intake thing unless possibly the air box lid (what a shity design) any way thanks and I am lalways looking for more advice. also I do apolijize for the spelling I am at home right now and I can't figure out the frigin spell cheeker like I can at work
    Thanks again

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

sorry 99kamrokid that came out a little dismissive. I do apriciate the advice and I realy am going to look in to it
    Thanks

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Any other suggestions, anyone?

Pewter
    2001 WS6

i would say to get lt headers and do true duals with buellet muffs that would at least take care of your exhuast. Also you could get a ported tb, under drive pully, some type of lid or cold air induction. that should be cool to get you started

1981 g-Body

Subframe connectors.period.
    Then exhaust and intake.

we would recommend the slp air intake, smooth bellow, 80mm throttle body, slp loudmouth cat-back exhaust, bmr lower control arms and a panhard rod. with these mods you wont be disappointed. prices would be $1367 shipped and you'll still have money left over!

thank you,

Rob
    D'Agostino Racing.Com
    954-583-8884
    877-DRI-POWER
    Specializing in Late Model GM and Ford Sports Cars

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Get the long tube headers and ditch the cats. Stainless steel is best but go with ceramic coated if you want to save $ for other mods. Find a good catback too. I would recommend magnaflow, but basically you should just buy something that you think sounds good with Lt's. A short throw shifter is a good mod, along with the subframe connectors. I would recommend going with weldins.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Is your car bone stock? If it doesn't have subframes on it I'd recommend getting SFC like said. The factory "ram air" that come on the SS's is poop. Get yourself a lid, longtubes (depending where you live), and a catback. Beings you have an 02, you already have an ls6 intake, so you are all set on that.

If money is a problem or you want to get the best "bang for the buck" so to speak get some pacesetter lt's and tsp true duals. Whole setup would run about $800 for longtubes, x-pipe, and mufflers. If you plan on lowering your car a lot or don't like the sound of dumps, get yourself any ol catback thats not flowmaster. Remaining money for lid, SFC, and gears (not a normal do-it yourself mod, recommend a shop). All these will definatley put a noticable feeling of power with ya.

My mods are ls6 intake, longtubes, true duals, lid, 4.11's, and the other minor bolt ons like ported tb and underdrive pulley etc and put close to 350 to the tire and pulls pretty good.
    Last edited by 00SLPSS; 04-16-2006 at 05:13 PM.

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

I bought the B&M short throw. it sat about 1inch higher than stock and had a longer throw than stock. so I returned it and just kept the stock shifter insted (anyone else have that problem) also it sounds like I am defanitly going with heders and sfc's. still debating the whole intake thing though still don't relay get it. I might do it however but I would make my own out of aluminum, I am not short on cash but just can't justify that kinde of money for a peace of plastic. well, thanks for the sugestions they were greatly apriciated I will keep you posted on how it turns out also I was wondering about getting a cam kit. any thought's?

99 Firebird Formula

You can do a cam, but you would benefit from it much more if you did a lot of other things first.

I don't really care what SME says, an air lid & filter is a worthwhile modification and that is proven on the dyno (5-10hp). You can get a used lid for less than $50 and a used k&n filter for around $30, and those k&n's you can just wash and reuse infinitely.

In addition to the lid...

1. LS6 intake manifold
    2. Pacesetter coated longtubes
    3. matching ORY
    4. catback exhaust
    5. subframe connectors
    6. Relocation brackets & aftermarket lower control arms (get rid of wheel hop)
    7. Cam

etc...

Thread Information