what cam.

This is a discussion on what cam. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i9m planning on installing a cam but i dont know what one. my car is a everyday driver w/ 55000 ...

white
    2002 slp ss

what cam.

i9m planning on installing a cam but i dont know what one. my car is a everyday driver w/ 55000 miles and a lid slp lts, cme, a dyno tune and is pushing 340 rwhp. i have been looking at the tr 224/224 or the 228/228. witch one will be best and what kind oh hp am i looking at.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Either one would be a good choce, but go with a 114 LSA no matter which cam you choose if this is your daily driver, she'll have a smoother idle. You'll prolly pick up a good 35Hp with the 228, that's the one I'd go with. My car has a Comp 228/230 @112 LSA and she has a mean idle..but she's not my daily driver.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

You're going to want to think about upgrading your valve springs, and push rods too. I also installed a double roller timing chain, but you could get by with a LS2 chain, better to do it while you're in there. LS1howto.com is help full

white
    2002 slp ss

thanks. thats what i keep hearing. would the rough idle of the 112 be too much to drive everyday?

white
    2002 slp ss

i have a guy at the horsepower house in bowling green ky who is going to do it all for me. he is i genius on ls series motors. he was the program builder at the vet plant.

Thread Information