Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What are the best cut outs?

This is a discussion on What are the best cut outs? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA Not true. Yours probably needs some realligning. Mine opens right up, cold or warm since day ...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Not true. Yours probably needs some realligning. Mine opens right up, cold or warm since day one.
    yes its true,....i read it in the instructions....mine open and close perfect. and dont hang up...just saying what i saw in the instructions is all

and what i was refering to break in is you break in the cutout by letting car/exhaust come up to temp and let the valve warm up for 20 minutes before you can use it for the FIRST time. after that its set and open/closes anytime you want
    Last edited by SteveCZ28; 02-08-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    It wont throw any codes if the cut out is after the cats right?

Should not present a problem as long as it is far enough back from the rear O2's. I think you will find that on an F-body, the body contour under the back seat area is the ideal location.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's the first I've ever heard someone say a V8 with open headers sounds like a dump truck. That's basically what you have with a cutout.

Maybe it's the sound people are getting when they do a single cutout half way down an I-pipe??? I don't know since I never do it that way. After all, you are trying to funnel 8 cylinders on seperate banks down to a single pipe, maybe it would sound funny

When it comes to cutouts,,,,or open headers, the only way to do it in my opinion is to put the cutouts as close to the header collectors as possible,,,on both sides. Unfortunately with 4th gens that's a bit tricky.

Here's one of mine that I did......

Click for full size
    Ha, ha, i see ur zip ties. Nice though.

I have mine at the end of the Y, people come up to me all the time asking wtf does this beast have in it and how goooood it sounds. I say..."oh, just a chevy motor."

Just comes down to personal opinion.

If you are going to stick with the stock system and just do a single cutout, I'd do that and try to position it as close to the Y as you can get away with.
    Yeah the only other thing I cant think of is if I do a cam later down the road the smaller piping may hurt me.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

me i have and love the mccord power plate

for those of you that ordered DMH cutout how long did it take to receive it? and did you order it straight from their website?

I bought my DMH's about 4-5 years ago, and at that time I lived right down the street from his shop.
    I stopped in, told him what I wanted. He widdled them out of a block of aluminum on the CNC machine in about 2 days. I went back and picked them up.

I bought my DMH's about 4-5 years ago, and at that time I lived right down the street from his shop.
    I stopped in, told him what I wanted. He widdled them out of a block of aluminum on the CNC machine in about 2 days. I went back and picked them up.
    nice.

2 yrs ago i ordered one for my ws6 but i had purchased it through a sponsor i think it took 2 weeks.

i purchased another one thursday from his directly this time. i have a qtp for my borla but i want to put another cut out on the i-pipe

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Oh man, I did that once.

I was cruising along and the light was red so i start coasting to the light. Some kid and his mom are on the right in a grand am. My cousin is trailing me in his truck.

I am rolling up to the light and it turns green, i figure, why not just floor it.

I do and look over, and this kid literally about shed his skin, he was driving, he pulls up to the next light and laughs. I never seen someone so scared.

My cousin saw him jump in his car and about died laughing, he said.
    I now realize I NEED one of these! It'll be great to scare all the pedestrians around here in the summer that don't know what the "do not walk" light means.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I now realize I NEED one of these! It'll be great to scare all the pedestrians around here in the summer that don't know what the "do not walk" light means.
    Do it. you will love it.

people's reactions even when you turn the car on is awesome. most of the time they jump lol

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Well there is no reason to be a jackass all the time, but an ocassional scare is ok in my book

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Well there is no reason to be a jackass all the time, but an ocassional scare is ok in my book
    Well, when I've waited five minutes for the left turn light, then there are people obliviously wandering across the intersection against the light and holding up traffic...yeah, they're getting piped.

Happens all the time in the summer...damn tourists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information