Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Went to the dark side and ordered LM1

This is a discussion on Went to the dark side and ordered LM1 within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS I can hold a conversation just fine in mine...with no cats. I have a LM2 though. ...

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I can hold a conversation just fine in mine...with no cats. I have a LM2 though. I didn't think there was THAT much difference between the two.
    Im pretty sure LT's w/ LM1 and cats is pretty much the same as LT's w/ LM2 and no cats.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would think so.

Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

What's going on guys just about to put a set of hooker long tubes cat less y pipe and I have a magnaflow cat back on it but I just picked up GMMG chambered exhausts I figure I like the way the chambered exhaust sounded with stock manifolds it should sound awesome with the headers will also be running o2 synthesizers to get passed emissions

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I had a friend with a stock motor LS1 Firehawk. Mac headers, catted Y, and the LM1. Sounded pretty good to me. I've heard the LM1 with off road Ys and yes that sucks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    I doesn't matter what headers, y-pipe, or engine is in front of a Loudmouth. It sounds like shit no matter what. But it's loud and obnoxious, so it sells.
    So basically you don't like it and fail to acknowledge that others can think for themselves..??

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I had a friend with a stock motor LS1 Firehawk. Mac headers, catted Y, and the LM1. Sounded pretty good to me. I've heard the LM1 with off road Ys and yes that sucks imo.

So basically you don't like it and fail to acknowledge that others can think for themselves..??
    apparently his opinion is "fact" and that is why everyone else should have the same opinion

Putting the lm on either monday or tuesday ill update you guys with a review.

Just finished. cars pretty quiet at idle and driving around is nice and mellow. Pretty loud at wot but nothing crazy. Sounds great to me.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Loudmouth sounds great as long as you have a catted-y to go with your longtubes. I found this out first hand. I started out with hooker LT's, ORY, and a LM1, and it was insanely loud, so loud that I made a guy on his Harley close his ears after revving his bike. It wasn't the loudness that made me go to a catted Y.... it was the rasp. Being a daily driver, you get a nasty 2200 RPM rasp with an ORY and a LM1. When you accelerate in 5th gear at around 68 mph about to switch to sixth on the highway, rasp rasp rasp, lots of it. WOT though, I thought it was outstanding.

Loudmouth I with a catted Y = Great. My idle is quieter, has a little deeper tone to it almost like a LMII, but still gets very loud when you gas it. Rasp is gone. Buy yourself a couple ceramic high flow cats on ebay for 35 bucks and have a shop weld them on if you have an ORY already.

People will always hate on the Loudmouth because it was such a popular and high seller for many. Lightweight, excellent flow, and stainless steel. Pretty hard to top for the price.

Eventually, I'm swapping to ARH headers with a catted-Y and a GMMG chambered exhaust. Probably one of the most expensive setups you can possibly do, but I like the look factor, and the sound of a chambered exhaust. I'm still satisfied with my Loudmouth I though.
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition
    Vert M6
    SLP CAI
    Hooker Super Comp Ceramic Coated LT's
    3" Ebay Catted Hooker Y-Pipe
    SLP Loudmouth I Center Mount with SLP tips

I will probably ditch the cats once they die. The car sounds great but isnt as loud as I hoped.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    People say its too loud but I have heard a few around here that idle pretty quiet. Not really loud until you rip on it. Probably not the best sound out there but it flows great for a good price.
    here are some clips... LT headers, ORY, and LM1...

LM1 is loud ALL the time... i'm constantly setting off car alarms through town...

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

That's exactly how mine was. When you gas it, I love the sound of it. When you daily drive it and hear the low rpm rasp, that gets on my nerves. If only I could have an ORY, and the loudness of the LM1 without the rasp. I don't know if it's even possible to do a true dual setup that flows into a CME instead of dumped before the axle.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i only get a real rasp when i cruise around 2500 rpm... if i kick it up to 2600 it's gone...

Sounds exactly like mine haha. I think I need a cam to be where I want.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I have LM1 from the cat back right now.. getting pacesetter LTs and a ORY... hoping it aint too bad

Quote Originally Posted by SS4LIFE View Post
    I have LM1 from the cat back right now.. getting pacesetter LTs and a ORY... hoping it aint too bad
    Recently I heard my buddys LM1/LTs/ORY and it was MUCH louder than mine. If mine is a 7/10 as far as loudness goes his is a 9.5/10. Sounds like open long tubes.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I was thinking of redoing my exhaust and going with true duals with either two xr1 mufflers or loudmouth resonators wonder how loud it would be with and without cats.

black
    2001 ss

I have basically the same setup on my ss except full slp headers catted y and loudmouth. I LOVE IT! not to loud at idle or cruising with the six speed. but wot its a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I was thinking of redoing my exhaust and going with true duals with either two xr1 mufflers or loudmouth resonators wonder how loud it would be with and without cats.
    It would probably be as loud as lm/ory/lt's just without as much rasp.

Quote Originally Posted by travz28 View Post
    I have basically the same setup on my ss except full slp headers catted y and loudmouth. I LOVE IT! not to loud at idle or cruising with the six speed. but wot its a beast.
    Agreed. Catted y ftw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information