Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Went to the dark side and ordered LM1

This is a discussion on Went to the dark side and ordered LM1 within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Next spring I will be running Long tube headers, to a Texas speed 3" Catted Y pipe, with a Loudmouth ...

  1. #1

    Went to the dark side and ordered LM1

    Next spring I will be running Long tube headers, to a Texas speed 3" Catted Y pipe, with a Loudmouth Catback. The only other mods are slp lid w/ k&n filter. Everyone is telling me its going to be pretty tame at idle since I have stock internals, and with a 6 speed it should be easy to control the noise around town. Cant wait for the winter to be over

  2. #2
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    I actually like the Loud Mouths...then again, I have a 4" exhaust with a cutout

    Why catted y-pipe?

  3. #3
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I actually like the Loud Mouths...then again, I have a 4" exhaust with a cutout

    Why catted y-pipe?
    Probably because without cats it would be too loud for most people.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I actually like the Loud Mouths...then again, I have a 4" exhaust with a cutout

    Why catted y-pipe?
    I actually like the sound over an ory setup. I also have emissions to deal with.

  5. #5
    Junior Member 2001-CamaroSS-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Havertown ,PA
    Posts
    17

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    catted y for no rasp

  6. #6
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001-CamaroSS-LS1 View Post
    catted y for no rasp
    That doesn't stop it...


    http://home.comcast.net/~mrluos/Raspy.wmv

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Did that have the slp headers with a cam?

    I hope mine doesnt get that raspy. If it does ill just swap to magnamouth or something,.

  8. #8
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Did that have the slp headers with a cam?

    I hope mine doesnt get that raspy. If it does ill just swap to magnamouth or something,.
    SLP longtubes. High flow cats. LM1

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    SLP longtubes. High flow cats. LM1
    Would the TSP Y with Pacesetter headers cause that much rasp though?

    Guess ill find out lol

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Would the TSP Y with Pacesetter headers cause that much rasp though?

    Guess ill find out lol
    I doesn't matter what headers, y-pipe, or engine is in front of a Loudmouth. It sounds like shit no matter what. But it's loud and obnoxious, so it sells.

  11. #11
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    I have the Kooks LTs, ORY and LM2 without cats. I like how it sounds and haven't really ever had anything but compliments from people on it.

    I've heard other exhaust set-ups that I like much more though.

    Having the LM2 over the LM1 probably helps with the rasp too.

  12. #12
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    I doesn't matter what headers, y-pipe, or engine is in front of a Loudmouth. It sounds like shit no matter what. But it's loud and obnoxious, so it sells.
    If it sounds like shit no matter what is in front of the loudmouth then how come I get compliments where ever I go with it? With cats it isn't obnoxious. I have OBX LTs and catted y with the loudmouth I.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    If it sounds like shit no matter what is in front of the loudmouth then how come I get compliments where ever I go with it? With cats it isn't obnoxious. I have OBX LTs and catted y with the loudmouth I.
    Because to most, loud = good. You can have loud with tone quality too, just not with the LM1. All the resonator in the LM1 does is take the nasty open cutout sound to an even shittier level. You have no muffler... If it really sounded good, then why did SLP introduce the LM2 after receiving thousands of complaints?

  14. #14
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    Because to most, loud = good. You can have loud with tone quality too, just not with the LM1. All the resonator in the LM1 does is take the nasty open cutout sound to an even shittier level. You have no muffler... If it really sounded good, then why did SLP introduce the LM2 after receiving thousands of complaints?
    How does loud=good to most people? I don't know anyone who thinks that. I didn't buy the loudmouth because it was loud I bought it because I like the tone. Why is it in every thread I see you post in you act like your opinion is fact?
    I have the loudmouth so I know from personal experience it doesn't sound like crap unless you don't have cats on it but what your saying just sounds like your a hater and won't be happy until everyone agrees with you. I am not saying you are wrong. You are entitled to your own opinion, I'm just saying there is no need to be a hate on the LM. If they like it they like just leave it alone.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 12-28-2010 at 02:49 PM.

  15. #15
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Why is it in every thread I see you post in you act like your opinion is fact?
    Because the Internet gave everyone a voice in the world, and as much as some people wish for it, there will never be a filter to refuse access to certain people.

    I love my exhaust...4" cutout on a 4" I-pipe w/ a high lope cam sounds awesome to me and 99% of the people I run into. If they don't like it, then they can gtfo.

  16. #16
    Well its cheap enough to where I can swap it out if I dont like it. Every ls1 around here has magnaflow or borla, I just want something different and loud.

  17. #17
    Import Ambassador nomolos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    166

    black, black Twins
    93 Supra , 94 Supra Turbo

    I would have traded you straight up for your WS6 exhaust for my LM1.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    How does loud=good to most people? I don't know anyone who thinks that. I didn't buy the loudmouth because it was loud I bought it because I like the tone. Why is it in every thread I see you post in you act like your opinion is fact?
    I have the loudmouth so I know from personal experience it doesn't sound like crap unless you don't have cats on it but what your saying just sounds like your a hater and won't be happy until everyone agrees with you. I am not saying you are wrong. You are entitled to your own opinion, I'm just saying there is no need to be a hate on the LM. If they like it they like just leave it alone.
    People say its too loud but I have heard a few around here that idle pretty quiet. Not really loud until you rip on it. Probably not the best sound out there but it flows great for a good price.

  19. #19
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    I had it with LTs and ORY and sounded like shit! The drone in the car will be so bad that you wont be able to have a converstion and drive down the highway....

    On another note the rasp has alot to do with the Y pipe. To get rid of most of the rasp you will need to go with a custom Y using the Flowmaster Y merge. Has any one seen the Y merge on a TSP Y? Then look at the Y merge of a flowmaster merge and you will see that its alot more of a straight shot.
    1967 Camaro - LS1 T56 project
    2003 Z06 - Procharged and LTs
    2001 Honda Civic EX - DD
    2005 Kawaski KFX400
    2000 Camaro SS m6 - 523rwhp 468rwtq - (Sold)

  20. #20
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    I can hold a conversation just fine in mine...with no cats. I have a LM2 though. I didn't think there was THAT much difference between the two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Embrace the Dark Side of the Force!!!
    By blackSS01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 04:34 AM
  2. Back from the dark side!!!
    By racrboy in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 05:43 AM
  3. Mustang guy, coming to the dark side ;P
    By gspfunk in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 07:25 AM
  4. From the dark side but wanting to join!
    By xspwr1 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 12:28 AM
  5. Joined the dark side...
    By 01RaptorTA in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •