Weiand 300-111P Intake Manifold

This is a discussion on Weiand 300-111P Intake Manifold within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Anyone who has or has ever used a Weiand 300-111P Intake manifold on an LSX series motor, please contact me. ...

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk

Weiand 300-111P Intake Manifold

Anyone who has or has ever used a Weiand 300-111P Intake manifold on an LSX series motor, please contact me. A link to the picture of the intake is below:

[/url][/IMG]

I roasted one motor, had another motor built and I almost roasted it due to Holley not getting all the casting sand out of the intake. If anyone else has experienced this problem, or has any documentation from Holley that suggests that you should inspect and clean the intake ports prior to installation, PLEASE CONTACT ME

green
    98 formula

well I'm not being a smart ass, but I always clean new parts just like used ones. I have the edelbrock carb intake one mine. Not really my chioce manifold but it came with the car, and when I can afford the fast setup the edelbrock stuff will be gone.

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    well I'm not being a smart ass, but I always clean new parts just like used ones. I have the edelbrock carb intake one mine. Not really my chioce manifold but it came with the car, and when I can afford the fast setup the edelbrock stuff will be gone.
    I understand what you are saying, however this intake had been used, and there were no signs of any material inside the runner. I had moved this thing around the shop from bench to bench, ran water through it, and I never saw any signs of casting materials until I took the head off this motor and observed the build up of the material inside the head. I'm not a professional mechanic, however the last motor was torn apart and my new motor was built by a very competent builder(One of the original founders of LS1.com), and he missed it as well.

green
    98 formula

well that just plain sucks! did you have the intake tumbled? and then dip it in water,seems really odd may be just a bad part but it sounds like bad luck to me

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    well that just plain sucks! did you have the intake tumbled? and then dip it in water,seems really odd may be just a bad part but it sounds like bad luck to me
    You can't imagine the luck I've had with this whole project! If it hasn't been for bad luck, I wouldn't have had any. No, I never tumbled the thing, however it had been handled so much, and set from here to there, you would think that the damn sand would have shown up somewhere.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman401 View Post
    You can't imagine the luck I've had with this whole project! If it hasn't been for bad luck, I wouldn't have had any. No, I never tumbled the thing, however it had been handled so much, and set from here to there, you would think that the damn sand would have shown up somewhere.
    well I guess its time to scrap that one. It has to be a bad casting.

Thread Information