Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Want to see some cat back exhaust tip pics

This is a discussion on Want to see some cat back exhaust tip pics within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; WTF!!! yea and bigger the exhaust tip the faster the car is.lol...

Black
    99 SS

WTF!!! yea and bigger the exhaust tip the faster the car is.lol

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    WTF!!! yea and bigger the exhaust tip the faster the car is.lol
    Yea I said or implied that where? Are you going to follow my thread posts and try and instigate arguments now that the other one is banned for a few days? You sit and say how I need to chill out and how every thread gets closed down because of me but here magically in two current threads Ive posted on you just so happen to come in and make some stupid ass comment trying to provoke a response. Well theres your response . Have fun with it.

Back on topic.. Bigger barrels or tips do make a difference with sound but I dont think it makes the car any faster.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Black
    99 SS

it was a joke someone said on here a while ago, anyways,

my agrument is the bigger tips will not change the exhaust note, there strictly appearance. my friend has changed his exahust tips numerious times and we can not tell a difference in the note of the exahuast.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

I myself have had numerous different variations in exhausts, mufflers, and tips used on the same car. Its just as this article states and its obvious to any who are familiar with wind musical instruments. The style, shape, depth, curve, etc. all will change the sound of the air that comes out .. same exact principles apply in an exhaust.

Heres some interesting reading for you. Your ears should be able to tell a difference.

Tip tunes
    Back in the day, Louis Armstrong sang “You push the first valve down, and the music goes round and round, oh-oh-oh-oh, and it comes out here.” Of course, Louis didn’t know he was teaching us all about how exhaust tips control the sound that comes out of your pipes, but that’s what made him such a genius. In any case, mufflers and resonators handle most of the noise reduction. The exhaust tip shapes the remaining pulses into a particular sound at a particular pitch and decibel level as it exits the pipe. The length and shape of the tip makes a big difference in how your system will sound. A short megaphone exhaust tip will sound more like a sousaphone, while a long pencil-shaped exhaust tip will sound more like a trumpet. Some exhaust tips come with an additional small resonator that mellows and deepens the resulting note. At the very end of an exhaust tip a perforated tube wrapped in sound deadening material softens the final exhaust pulses before they hit the street, and the ears of your audience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tipping the scales on style
    In the early days of motoring the newfangled horseless carriage was permitted on city streets as long as they did not frighten women, children and horses. You might keep this rule in mind when considering a tip change. Even in the “anything goes” world of exhaust tips, there are guidelines. If you have established a theme, for your vehicle’s look, don’t abandon it when you choose an exhaust tip. If your style is full-tilt-over-the-top, then go as big and as loud as the laws of nature allow. If you are more of an artiste, you want to show restraint and sophistication. You can achieve a high level of subtle sophistication by echoing the vehicle’s general bodyline and predominant shape and mounting flush with the rear valance. You also have to take into consideration the shape of your tips. Square tips that extend beyond the curved valance on a swooping, curvaceous body will put you in clunk city. If you're a purist, then stick with the classics or the reigning look of the time. A period-correct upturned "stinger" exhaust tip that looks tough on a '70s-era Volkswagen Baja Bug, would look downright dumb on a '90s-era Sting Ray.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Ive listened to your promotion for Corsa but like most people said in the thread I posted for you to read, There waaaaaay overpriced. At almost 2 times the amount you can get a Magnaflow catback system. The hp bump is a difference of .2 , Corsa supposedly giving 14 and Magnaflow giving 13.8. So if the Hp or performance is the same. And the sound is very similar. And also Magnaflow comes with a lifetime warranty. Where Corsa comes with a limited warranty. Theres really no comparison.

As for sound I listened to the sites sound and video recordings. Other than having a little more girgling sound and a slight bit more of raspy sound. There is no difference between the Corsa and The installed Magnaflow. Especially when you go through all of the different situations. Idle, Accelerating, etc.

Ive seen Corsas on an Fbody just not around here like I said earlier.

And yes the "bigger barrels" have alot to do with sound. Why do you think people have the bigger tips it gives it a deeper more hollow echoing sound.

Thats a scientific fact yell into paper towel tube.. then go yell into a cave .. you tell me which ones louder
    Good luck with your lifetime warranty!

It may cost more but its appearance alone is worth the extra money! Not to mention the deep throaty sound it makes from having another large barrel on each side!

Mystic Teal
    1997 Camaro Z-28

EDIT: i know the right tip is hanging low and slanted....its fixed now lol...btw its a corsa catback

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    I will bet you that with the Corsa premium exhaust I have my car makes a hell of lot more growl than your little magnaflow or whatever you have on your SS...
    Packy, was that directed at me?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    Packy, was that directed at me?
    Nope.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Thanks for the pictures and replies, I like the magnaflow and corsa with the single dual tips out the back. I've got to get these hideous tips off my car ASAP because that muffler shop really did a shitty job. They stick out past the bumper and hang down, damn it pisses me off. My car sounds really good but it's time for a new cat back system, I've still got the factory cat-back on the car so it needs to go. I just spent nearly two grand on tires and wheels and yesterday I ordered the black Halo lights with HIDs. I'm trying to get her looking good...

If you want to save yourself some money, check the for sale sections of all the LS sites. You should be able to find the Corsa set up for around $500.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

where can you find the HALO light mod?

Packy, love the avatar!

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Good luck with your lifetime warranty!

It may cost more but its appearance alone is worth the extra money! Not to mention the deep throaty sound it makes from having another large barrel on each side!
    Actually the warranty has already been used once no questions asked. Sent me a new muffler, I returned the damaged one. They paid for shipping and shipped my new one first. Cant be that for service. Hopefully you wont have problems before your warranty runs out. I had mine for 4 years and now I have a brand new muffler and still lifetime warranty. Cant beat it

NBM
    99 TA

I have a B&B catback and i love the sound!! it is supposed to give 17whp and it is a full stainless system

the tips look a little uneven in the pic - i have fixed it since then

btw Packy, can you plz put up a few more pics of your car? i'd like to see more of those corsa tips

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Actually the warranty has already been used once no questions asked. Sent me a new muffler, I returned the damaged one. They paid for shipping and shipped my new one first. Cant be that for service. Hopefully you wont have problems before your warranty runs out. I had mine for 4 years and now I have a brand new muffler and still lifetime warranty. Cant beat it
    I got the same service from Corsa when I needed a new muffler (after having the system for several years).

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Click for full size
    You've got a great looking car, Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    Packy, love the avatar!
    Yeah. Nice tits, Pac.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

btw Packy, can you plz put up a few more pics of your car? i'd like to see more of those corsa tips
    I don't have any good pics of the tips but I'll try to snap a few sometime this week.
    Last edited by Packy; 12-20-2007 at 10:23 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Don't laugh....
    Kinda dark...but you get the idea.

2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    You've got a great looking car, Kyle.
    Why thank you! i appreciate that

Packy, where is that hoist that your car is on? that would be cool to have an outdoor lift

Packy, where is that hoist that your car is on? that would be cool to have an outdoor lift
    My grand-pappy's driveway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information