Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

W00T! Bassani true duals arrived 2day!

Hopefully I'll get it installed tomorrow and take pictures.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

will you pass emissions w/ tru duals?
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

[QUOTE=SSNAKEATER23]will you pass emissions w/ tru duals?[/QUE]

I don't see why not... It's still through the cats.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Mofos!!!

Well, Bassani Xhaust is installed and I am PISSED! $1000 dollars worth of exhaust system and to me IMO, its worth $200. MFS have wrong lengths, wrong angles, overall wrong fitments. Now, I have to drive around town with my exhaust banging around and my exhaust tips are cock-eyed. The whole system looked like it's been made by company that is employed by down syndrome people. Honestly, people don't bother with bassani for TDs. I'm going to email that company and give them ass piece of ass chewing and some pictures of how well their exhaust fit under my car.

I've got pictures... I've got to download them to my cardomain.

Only two cool things came out of this... Car is definetly faster and the exhaust sound is awesome.

Edit: Car won't run faster coz of the banging issue...MF knock retard sensor!
    Last edited by bene; 06-07-2006 at 05:46 PM.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

How much time did you spend adjusting the system? My TSP duals fit like crap at 1st but after messing around with them I got really good clearance. Better than my old y-pipe setup....

Don't call it quits just yet. You may also want to PM mrr23. I think he installed the Bassani system and had a good experience with it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ~redlinels1~
    How much time did you spend adjusting the system? My TSP duals fit like crap at 1st but after messing around with them I got really good clearance. Better than my old y-pipe setup....

Don't call it quits just yet. You may also want to PM mrr23. I think he installed the Bassani system and had a good experience with it.

Thing is its a 999.xx exhaust system, you'd think the last thing I'd worry about is fitment of the system under my car. I'd like to steer away from hacking my stainless steel exhaust to make the shit fit. But I have to now. More shit to spend.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Here is the link of the pictures. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2372915
    Last edited by bene; 06-07-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Pewter
    2000 WS6/1999 Silverado Z

Cant get the link to work
    SLP Lid / Loudmouth / UMI SFC's, LCA's, and Panhard Bar / !CAGS / Short throw...I need more power!

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    Thing is its a 999.xx exhaust system, you'd think the last thing I'd worry about is fitment of the system under my car. I'd like to steer away from hacking my stainless steel exhaust to make the shit fit. But I have to now. More shit to spend.
    Even the best systems on the market, unfortunately, have fitment issues. To be honest, it isn't really that bad. Any credible muffler shop can heat up the area's that are hitting, and adjust them for you (hehe, if I had a dollar for every aftermarket Y-Pipe "hitting the floorboard" thread).

As suggested, contact mrr23. He installed the same exact system on both his ride, and his wife's. It'll workout, just be patient... and whatever you do, don't start cutting and welding on you're own. Bring it to a muffler shop.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 00\/\/S6
    Cant get the link to work
    Works when I click on it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i need to see pics of where they hooked the front pipes to x-pipe. that's where the whole problem started. if they would've solved that issue first, then the rest would have went together fine. most likely, if they would've trimmed off some of the end of the 90* bend pipe that goes into the x-pipe, it would've shifted it over and not hit.

in this pic here, you can see the pipe i'm refering to. now that i think about it, i had to trim some off of it to get the x-pipe in the correct position. it's possible, bassani cut it a little long (i'd guess 1"). without being there, i can't really say where it all went wrong. but, i'm willing to bet $1.00 that's where it all started as the whole system is shifted to one side.

Last edited by mrr23; 06-07-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the issue i have is why didn't they see the x-pipe hitting and take care of it first before hacking on your $1000 system. they should have put the system together, then as they were tightening the supplied clamps, adjust the system until it fit and cleared. after that, then if you wanted it welded on, then weld and remove clamps.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    the issue i have is why didn't they see the x-pipe hitting and take care of it first before hacking on your $1000 system. they should have put the system together, then as they were tightening the supplied clamps, adjust the system until it fit and cleared. after that, then if you wanted it welded on, then weld and remove clamps.
    Yeah, they test fitted it under the car without welding or clamping it down and did the final adjustments. At the beginning they didn't have any problem at the X cross over until they start putting together the over axle pipes and the tail pieces together. I know the 2 I pipes had to be trimmed down 2" to get it put together with the over axle pipes(one pipe seems to be still longer maybe tomorrow I'll get it trimmed again), even then the X cross over pipe were still hitting the tunnel. The muffler shop worked on my car for 3 HOURS getting this system to fit so I can drive my car home. They worked on my car til its time for them to get home. I'll come back again tomorrow. It's not that we didn't comprehend the procedures or the pictures of putting the system together, its the system wasn't pre-assembled together to make sure it was the right fitment prior shipment. Both I pipes were cut, the 2 tail pipes were too short, so that leave the 2 over axle pipes and the actual X pipe were untouch. Measurements of the pipes were crap. Installer understood that this system costs me $1000 and he was very hesitant to cut my pipes and make a frankenpipe of the system. It like a buying a high end dollar car and find out it's crap from the inside, have to take it apart, then put it back together to make it run. It don't make sense.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

make sure to take pics of the entire system on the car from front to rear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    I know the 2 I pipes had to be trimmed down 2" to get it put together with the over axle pipes(one pipe seems to be still longer maybe tomorrow I'll get it trimmed again), even then the X cross over pipe were still hitting the tunnel.
    here, you say they cut the I-pipes down to fit. in the pics, i see where they added pipe length to connect the x-pipe to the I-pipes.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    make sure to take pics of the entire system on the car from front to rear for me.

here, you say they cut the I-pipes down to fit. in the pics, i see where they added pipe length to connect the x-pipe to the I-pipes.
    They didn't use any extra pipe to weld it with I pipes. They were both too long. When the I pipes were dry fitted with the X pipe it was waay off to fit the over axle pipes. It was close to the axle instead of tucked by the car. I'll jack the rear end today and take pictures under the car. They ended up not cutting anymore other than those two I pipes. Alot of ass was was put on the X pipe to get it over to the driver side 1" more so it will not hit against the tunnel.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

my mistake. from the pic it looked like a middle piece of pipe. but that's the pipe coming off the x-pipe. i'm really interested in the front pipes and the i-pipes.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Pictures loaded in my cardomain

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the pic of the x-pipe still shows it hitting the trans tunnel. is it still hitting? also, i see on the driver's i-pipe, where they added pipe after cutting it short as you said they did.

glad to see todd got back in touch with you.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Looks good!!
    Other than the tunnel hitting. Which sounds like it was taken care of.

I REALLY need to get shots of mine up in the air!!
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Thread Information