UnderDrive Pulley

This is a discussion on UnderDrive Pulley within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm looking for some general information. I've yet to look into UD pulleys at all so I don't know the ...

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

UnderDrive Pulley

I'm looking for some general information. I've yet to look into UD pulleys at all so I don't know the possible choices as far as sizes and what they accomplish as far as gains and drivability and how badly it reduces the capabilities of such things as the altenator and water pump.

I want to start off with the different options out there. Is there only one size to choose from or a variety? If so what are the sizes and what is stock size?

Impounded

Puter
    01 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvs View Post
    I'm looking for some general information. I've yet to look into UD pulleys at all so I don't know the possible choices as far as sizes and what they accomplish as far as gains and drivability and how badly it reduces the capabilities of such things as the altenator and water pump.

I want to start off with the different options out there. Is there only one size to choose from or a variety? If so what are the sizes and what is stock size?
    Took mine off. Battery couldn't maintain a decent charge with the pulley I had which made the car hard to start at times. I can't tell you how big it was in diameter but I bought it from Livernois and it was just the crank pulley that was replaced. I think it was a March pulley and was one of the first out on the market. I wasn't to impressed about the problem. It could be fixed now, I haven't looked into pulley's since.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have pullies (Crank and Alt) had them on for 4 years. Can't remember where I got them I also have a Red Top Optima. Never had a problem. Can leave my car radio on all night and will still start in the morning. I love them, can't say if they did anything or not, didn't notice. Optima is 5 years old if that matters. Alt will be going back to stock when I get my Electric Water pump.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Check Web Site

Check out this web site on the subject. I have the SLP and no ill effects. Has been on two years now.
    http://www.machv.com/tip11cranpul.html
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

well that seems like some sound advice, is there any UD pulleys on the market with a damper built in I think the ATI does but don't know how affective it is.

Thread Information