Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

un-smooth header face

This is a discussion on un-smooth header face within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Yes that is true. But it seems like the painter tried to cover it up by loading it on. Pacesetter ...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Yes that is true. But it seems like the painter tried to cover it up by loading it on. Pacesetter has a good reputation though.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Yes, but there is no coating to flake off. Those look to be pretty thin coated. I sure hope that Kooks wouldn't ship a set of headers with flanges like that.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I'm sure pacesetter and most other companies can't personally inspect every piece of product that leaves their manufacturing place. I'm sure Kooks and any other reputable company has had a few 'defective products' reach consumers. But you don't hear about it much because companies want to keep PR high and usually make it right with the customer for repeat business. Plus, the most cost-effective form of advertising is free advertising, like word of mouth. And these boards. I'm sure companies love it when we rave about their products on these boards.
    I'm not saying that you have to try and get another set of Pacesetters from the same company, but its going to take just as long trying to order another set of headers from someplace else. And since you already spent the money, you might as well try and avoid the usual 10% restocking fee and try and get another pair. But be patient. Don't get too upset about it, its not the end of the world.

Sunset Orange Metallic-M6
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

nah,im patient, i want everything done right. i have no problem with either TSP or Pacesetter as long as they fix the problem. if they do then they are good companies in my book.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I'm sure they'll make it right.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

send them back, and get a refund. then go on EBAY and buy the Stainless Steel Long Tubes on there for #340 shipped like i did. nothing wrong with them, no warpped flanges, etc. best of all they are stainless!!! you will be happy that you did...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Except that there is no y-pipe specifically made for those headers. I've heard of people having to modify or completely fabricate their own y-pipe.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

yeah, i've heard of people having limited success with the jet hot y. personally, i'm not willing to buy a bunch of stuff for hundreds of dollars and *hope* it will fit right when i got to install it. i'll prob just get the $500 texas speed pacecetter lt's/ory combo. hopefully mine wont be defective like the guy who posted here though lol....wait what am i loling for, theres really nothing funny about that. if it happened to me i'd be pissed as hell. you should not only demand a totally new set but they should pay for the shipping it costs you to send them back AND give you a discount on the replacement ones.

Black
    2000 SS

let me know how it turns out b/c im thinking of ordering from them

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

WOW! I just got my ceramic coated PS. They look A HELLUVA lot better than that. I'm sure TSP will make it right.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Except that there is no y-pipe specifically made for those headers. I've heard of people having to modify or completely fabricate their own y-pipe.
    didn't tell him to give back the y-pipe, just the LT's. yes I had to modify my 2 piece Pacesetter ORY (but that's why I bought the 2 piece setup and not the one piece y-pipe), but that's minor compared to having warpped header flanges....

do you mind putting some pictures of your Pacesetter LT's header flanges up? and ill post more pictures when i get the new ones- ill keep you guys informed

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Send them back and get some EDELBROCK'S.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

well, i sent them back. its about a week there, and a week back. so about 2 weeks till theyll be here, ill let you guys know how they come out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information