TSP true dual any good

This is a discussion on TSP true dual any good within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was thinking of buying the texas speed true dual kit and was wondering if anyone has this kit. I'm ...

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

TSP true dual any good

I was thinking of buying the texas speed true dual kit and was wondering if anyone has this kit. I'm curious on the quality and fitment of the dual setup. Also you have a choice between dynomax or moroso spiral flow bullets, anyone know which one sounds better?
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I dont own TSP duals myself but I've only heard great things about the system itself

Black
    2001 Formula

I have them. they sound amazing with dynomax bullets. just make sure you mount them right or they will hang low.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    I have them. they sound amazing with dynomax bullets. just make sure you mount them right or they will hang low.
    ^ - When I installed mine I was eager to hear them on the the road so I tightened everything up and took off. When I say everything what I really mean is all of the 3" band clamp things that go over the pieces where they slip together. The turn downs hit everything. If I launched harder than grandma speed they would hit the ground just from a launch.

To get them in place for the other DIY types, I took a 1"x4" board and centered it on the dyno max mufflers then jacked them up until they were about as high as I could get them and not be touching anything. Then it was simple drilling followed by a nut and bolt. I haven't looked back. I scrape on bad speed bumps or moderate ones hit too quickly. In and out of driveways with a step down curve sometime scrape but it's minimal. I haven't hand any issue from launching since. If anyone wants some pictures I can post them. I haven't gotten any from under the car but clearance type of pics I've got.

Dynomax was my choice BTW. If you go to my post in the member's section with my car, I have a few videos with descriptions of what I was doing.

Over-all...I love the set up. It was easy to put together and took me about 1-1:30 with beer to put it all together and bolt it all up. (3 days if you include my riding without bolting up the rear portion)

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I just noticed that 3 of the 4 posters have talked about exhausts together in another thread so no need to go listen to my car if you already have. My opinion still stands. TSP Rumbler X is a good system at a great price. It's pretty simple to install.

I don't mind it but the only thing I would caution anyone it that it can be very loud. If depends on how much you press the loud pedal but I've gone WOT a few times next to people (Young and Old) and seen them do everything from taking their hands off their steering wheel to plug their ears, to make a look lie they peed their pants, to appear to be having a heart attack.

I like loud personally and it's not too loud for tooling around but WOT...it talks!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

love my TSP TD's. I got them with the sweet thunder resonators, but ended up not using them and going with dual SLP LM resonators instead. completely different and insane setup. people love it our hate it. here's a pic, and a link to what it sound like on the dyno:

video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w8gIZJHC5g[/ame]
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Love my TSP True Duals!! I went with the Dynomax and it sounds amazing. Only word of warning, if you have a driveshaft safety loop, I have an SLP, it sits right where the x-pipe goes. I kept the dynomax and just had my exhaust shop do some custom pipe bending, and weld all the connections between the mufflers and the headers, rather then using the clamps. With my FROST too expected to be back in the next day or so, I couldn't be happier with the system.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Thanks for all the posts guys. Looks like I will be ordering mine very soon

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Good luck with it. If you do the install yourself and need some info or have questions...fire away. I'm no expert but I fought with mine until I was happy with them. It didn't take to long.

Thread Information