Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSP Rumbler

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Question TSP Rumbler

Hey guys I really want your help I want to get a Texas Speed Performance Rumbler exhaust with an ORY. I've never heard it in person so I just want to get people's opinions and if possible sound clips. I really want to know just what I'm getting myself into. Mostly I'm looking for a deep throaty sound, NOT RASPY so if this setup has lots of rasp please let me know! thanks guys!

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

www.LS1sounds.com I personally with with the TSP true duals versus the catback.
    Last edited by Wheeler99WS6; 07-18-2007 at 09:33 AM.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

I just ordered the cat back Rumbler series for my Vert with 24" chrome slanted & rolled tip extensions.My Magnaflow was too quiet~the Super Turbo was slightly louder but rattled a lot so I'm hoping this will satisfy me for a while.

White
    1998 TA

The TSP rumbler uses a bullet type muffler similar to the loudmouth. If you're worried about rasp you might want to look into a different catback.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

are you serious TSP is raspy?... I've listened to sound clips and it sounds fairly clean and throaty which is what I want. Maybe I should just be more weary... so what would be a none raspy system to you then? Corsa?

White
    1998 TA

Sound clips are deceiving is all I can tell you. I think the LM sounds decent in most sound clips but it's annoying as all hell while driving. I changed the resonator for a spiral flow and it helped, but it's still not that great. I too want what you're looking for, but I don't want drone and rasp which is why I'm ditching my lm2.

There's a big difference between being in the car and behind the car. Just because it sounds good behind, doesn't mean it's not annoying inside.

You're looking for a deep sound, which I think will be hard to achieve with a bullet style muffler. I think you'll have better success with the larger muffler catbacks....such as hooker or magnaflow.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Well fluck , looks like I just wasted $260.00 . Just got my Rumbler. Haven't installed it yet & I too listened to the sound clip & now we find out that wasn't a good representation of what it would sound like with stock manifolds & cats. Fu*ked again.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

the raspiness on the rumblers depends on what else you have done to the car.. i cant tell you what mods will make it less raspy... or more raspy.. but i do know it depends on your car

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

I've heard of other ways of doing it I've heard of people buying setups such as the TSP Rumbler and then putting another muffler in place of the I pipe it is suppose to be the ultimate way of getting rid of any rasp. without sacraficing horsepower. Any one have any knowledge on the matter.

White with Hugger Stripes
    1997 30th Anniversary SS

I've heard the Rumbler and the LM on catted cars and it doesn't sound bad at all IMHO. Now, take out the stock y-pipe and replace it with an ORY and it sounds awful. Very loud and annoying. My old car used to have a B&B with an ORY and it was music to my ears.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Just had the brand new Texas Rumbler installed yesterday. Cost $225.00 plus $35.00 shipping. Had it removed today & replaced with a Magnaflow . Will sell for $150.00 .

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

Question

what did you think of the sound, obviously you're not satisfied with it, I'm starting to lean back towards corsa once again... I think TSP maybe be to raspy for my personal taste. Is that what you found as well?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Just had the brand new Texas Rumbler installed yesterday. Cost $225.00 plus $35.00 shipping. Had it removed today & replaced with a Magnaflow . Will sell for $150.00 .
    did you have the system welded or clamped? did you have tips welded on or clamped? did you cut anything or just have it installed straight up, no modifiactions done?

$150 shipped and you might have a buyer. would like to see some pics first of course...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 07-24-2007 at 09:11 PM.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

The damn thing had a horrible resonance inside at about three different torque peaks. There was no way to hide from the cops even at idle & when you move out from a green light I felt as if everyone was turning to look at the tractor with no muffler.
    My system was bolted & welded in places. It just might be because of my extensions . I put 3" chrome Bazooka tubes 22" long with a slant cut & rolled ends. They weren't raspy just kinda like a long low & loud , moaning sound but hey , you gotta understand , it felt like it picked up about 15-20 HP. And at full throttle it sounded pretty good . So it was makin good power !

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

ill take a pass on it since you have given me a description that makes this system sound even worse than my SLP LM...

im running LT's/ORY, SLP LM and 4" dia*22" long rolled Magnaflow tips...

click on the links in my sig for what my car sounds like...

2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

VERY COOL !
    Sounds just like my stocker . ( just kiddin! ) By the way , what compression you runnin ? That thing sounds like about 13.5 to 1 . Can you run it on pump gas ?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

VERY COOL !
    Sounds just like my stocker . ( just kiddin! ) By the way , what compression you runnin ? That thing sounds like about 13.5 to 1 . Can you run it on pump gas ?
    the Patriot Stage II Heads @ 59cc's, bumped up my C/R to around 11.1-11.5:1. i still run pump gas, it just has to be 93 octane...

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Nice ! Very nice.Have you run a static compression on each cylinder to show how much pressure its producing?

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i might want to take you up on that... but where did u get it for only 225 in the first place?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Nice ! Very nice.Have you run a static compression on each cylinder to show how much pressure its producing?
    no i have not...

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i might want to take you up on that... but where did u get it for only 225 in the first place?
    go to TSP's website. you can find it there...

Thread Information