TSP ORY, Different approach

This is a discussion on TSP ORY, Different approach within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So after reading the other thread about the Texas speed ORY problems about it not fitting and he had to ...

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

TSP ORY, Different approach

So after reading the other thread about the Texas speed ORY problems about it not fitting and he had to take it to a muffler shop blah blah blah. I thought I'd show you my solution. I too had problems with it which required modification. this is what I did.

The new LT and Ory setup pushed back about 3" from the stock location so we cut a section out of the Mid pipe on the catback, angled it to be a slip fit on the next peice in the catback setup and re-welded it back. You cant see the angle on the car so I think it's a succesful mod considering I don't have a tube bender. Luckily my uncle is a proffesional welder and he used stainless beads on it since it's stainless steel

This cost me nothing extra but I got lucky. So if you decide to go with texas speed longtubes and their ORY, be ready to modify.

silver
    2000 formula

stainless?? the TSP ORY is not stainless....and not clear from the pics where the bend is on the ORY

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I didn't touch the ory. It fit like poop but bottom line in fit. It doesn't bang or nothin but the merge was further cat so the peice I cut was part of my stainless catback. Sorry to misinform you, it's complicated to explain but at the end of the day I got it to work without taking it to a muffler shop

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

did your TSP ORY come as a box of pieces? has anyone had to cut any of the pieces? mine seems like it will fit real nice if i take and inch of a couple pieces..

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

No everything comes In pieces. They fit together nice but final fitting is different

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I ended up cutting about 4 inches off total. they fit so tight the only way to get them apart is with a saw. lol

red
    99 camaro

I had to cut 2 or 3 in off the catback where it meets the y pipe. I removed the factory strap that is on the pipe to tighten it down and just butted the two pipes together without swedging the catback any at all. just left about 1in overlap on each pipe ( catback and y pipe ) and bolted them together. I used a sawzall to cut the catback and it worked good for me. Bottom Line.... Your gonna have to cut something, period!!!

Thread Information