Thread: True Dual Help

Black
    98 Z/28

True Dual Help

I have Flotech Longtubes and I took my Z to a local exhaust shop and they said it couldn't be done. This is the 3rd shop i've been to but I think its because I'm not goin to run cats(dont worry about emissions by the way) I already have the muffs I just need a x pipe so I can bolt/weld it on myself. I got the universal floteck x pipe in hopes they could work with that but they wouldnt even attempt it. I am deff goin with td's so going to a catback/y setup is out of the question.

Red
    2001 ws6

if you werent from boston id help you out

98 Formula
    06 duramax

99.9% of the shops out there won't touch a car without cats. They'd face a huge huge fine if they got caught doing it. You need a friend of a friend at a minimum. I'm sure someone local welds and does that kinda stuff. Just have to look around.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by bostonz28 View Post
    I have Flotech Longtubes and I took my Z to a local exhaust shop and they said it couldn't be done. This is the 3rd shop i've been to but I think its because I'm not goin to run cats(dont worry about emissions by the way) I already have the muffs I just need a x pipe so I can bolt/weld it on myself. I got the universal floteck x pipe in hopes they could work with that but they wouldnt even attempt it. I am deff goin with td's so going to a catback/y setup is out of the question.
    damn that sucks man! Just went through kinda the same dilemna you're goin through and just had an exhasut shop back where I'm from bend up my td's, but the a-holes didn't put in an hpipe, so tomorrow they ill be getting a friendly phone call! I even left em pics of what I wanted!!! My car is run under 5K/yr therefore no cats for me!

White
    1999 SS

good luck man, id suggest getting on a local ls1 forum, mustang, jeep or whatever and start asking the locals. this is what i ended up doing. I had one shop put it on the lift, bend the tubing over the subframe, and say oh yeah we can do that. then the f'n shop manager says o no, all they had to do was bend my y-pipe and sell it to me over the counter. They wouldnt even do that, I was pissed, so I ripped out of there with open headers.

Black
    98 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    I was pissed, so I ripped out of there with open headers.
    HaHa I did that also, nice and loud. Yea i'm just gonna keep lookin around and maby buy a new welder so I can fab up my own stuff from now on cus i'm sick of lazy ass people...Half the reason also was because all the cars they get there are mustangs so im sure they love workin on some nice and fast ls1's haha.

O yea and look @ all Boston/New England sports in the last 07 to 08present season, were dominating everything!!! Thats all I got to say about that, baseballny lol. Well atleast we can agree on our cars, right?

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bostonz28 View Post
    O yea and look @ all Boston/New England sports in the last 07 to 08present season, were dominating everything!!! Thats all I got to say about that, baseballny lol. Well atleast we can agree on our cars, right?
    18-1......failure hahah

Thread Information