Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information.

This is a discussion on True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by lvbroham1 Thank you! I love how it tucks up, you would have to get on your hands ...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    Thank you! I love how it tucks up, you would have to get on your hands and knees to actually tell there's a custom exhaust otherwise you can't see anything from any angle you look at the car sitting on the ground.
    Awesome setup, wish mine was this nice lol...How do you like the Magnaflow? I personally like how quiet it is at idle but loud and smooth at WOT

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    I just rode in Rays Z28, SAWEEET! Sounds meaner than hell!
    finally a video from our Autocross event this last weekend.
    I know its sideways, a friend shot it from his I-phone...the sound is all that matters anyway! lol

98 Ticket Red Z28
    Mods:
    Front/rear sway bars, poly bushings all around, Bilstein Shocks, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pacesetter LT's, 2.5" Custom True Duals over the axle with Magnaflow mufflers, Shortened Pro 5.0 shifter, TurnOne PS pump.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I'm curious as to why you guys call it, "true duals" when it is not...... As soon as an "X" pipe is added, it is'nt true duals and never will be.... TRUE duals, is one pipe per bank and NO sharing ... Always was.. Totally different sound too..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-08-2010 at 06:06 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

black
    1995 chevy truck

Cool i love mine

I love my true duals 3". If you are not planing forced indution of any kind aka turbo or no2. 2.5 in pipe will flow more than enough for a stock ls1. I have hooker long tubes and 3" true duals with a h pipe and two dynomax ultra flo mufflers. I don't like the way the bullets sound the ultra flo sound so much better deeper tone. And I have 3.5" hooker tips sounds awsome and it gave me all kinds of power.
    But my ls1 is in a 95 silverado so I have a lot more room under my truck than u guys do.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'm curious as to why you guys call it, "true duals" when it is not...... As soon as an "X" pipe is added, it is'nt true duals and never will be.... TRUE duals, is one pipe per bank and NO sharing ... Always was.. Totally different sound too..
    It's slang for the most part, since these cars had what most call "simulated" duals, with dual tailpipes giving the illusion it has dual exhaust.
    So somewhere along the line when people started adding a real dual exhaust system the term somehow started as "true duals"

I really shouldn't have to explain that,,,right??

As far as the X-pipe/H-pipe comment, I don't understand where you are going with that. H-pipes have been around since the 60's, Ford was using them as OEM equipment back then. They realized the benefit long before the other manufactures as far as I'm aware.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's slang for the most part, since these cars had what most call "simulated" duals, with dual tailpipes giving the illusion it has dual exhaust.
    So somewhere along the line when people started adding a real dual exhaust system the term somehow started as "true duals"

I really shouldn't have to explain that,,,right??

As far as the X-pipe/H-pipe comment, I don't understand where you are going with that. H-pipes have been around since the 60's, Ford was using them as OEM equipment back then. They realized the benefit long before the other manufactures as far as I'm aware.
    There's nothing to explain I answered my oun question.. They are NOT true duals anytime 2 seperate banks share the same pipe does'nt matter what the manufacturer did way back when true duals = 2 SEPERATE pipes and "x"-"H" is not.. I don't have to explain that to ya do I??

There's nothing to explain I answered my oun question.. They are NOT true duals anytime 2 seperate banks share the same pipe does'nt matter what the manufacturer did way back when true duals = 2 SEPERATE pipes and "x"-"H" is not.. I don't have to explain that to ya do I??
    You are one strange cat Smittro, I have no idea how you come to that conclusion, but if it makes ya feel better,,,then

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You are one strange cat Smittro, I have no idea how you come to that conclusion, but if it makes ya feel better,,,then

White
    2008 Hummer H3

That's how we do it here in my world.. 2 banks 2 sets of pipes no join.. Folks have been doing that for years.. Not sure why that's so confusing.. Meaning the right bank gets it's own pipes and the left bank gets it's own.. No center connections of the 2 sets.. Hell we used to just throw headers on them and just dump them.. The lack of the equalizer or cross over is what "true" duals are always were always will be.. Ever hear of open headers??
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-02-2010 at 02:28 PM.

That's how we do it here in my world.. 2 banks 2 sets of pipes no join.. Folks have been doing that for years.. Not sure why that's so confusing.. Meaning the right bank gets it's own pipes and the left bank gets it's own.. No center connections of the 2 sets.. Hell we used to just throw headers on them and just dump them.. The lack of the equalizer or cross over is what "true" duals are always were always will be.. Ever hear of open headers??
    It's just sharing

Ya we had a 71 Nova that was strictly a back halved drag car years ago, open headers always.
    Anymore I'm a street car guy that does double duty, I'm more into keeping the car quiet and as stock looking as possible, but still going fast. To do that and get the most out of any dual exhaust system requires an X-pipe. You give up ET without it. H-pipes work okay, but not as effective. Since Pure Stock and FAST allowed the X-pipe in the rules a few years back it's what everyone went to.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

It's just sharing

Ya we had a 71 Nova that was strictly a back halved drag car years ago, open headers always.
    Anymore I'm a street car guy that does double duty, I'm more into keeping the car quiet and as stock looking as possible, but still going fast. To do that and get the most out of any dual exhaust system requires an X-pipe. You give up ET without it. H-pipes work okay, but not as effective. Since Pure Stock and FAST allowed the X-pipe in the rules a few years back it's what everyone went to.
    I gotcha now I generally speak from a non-drag point of view mostly.. Some engines need it some don't.. I also understand and also would run an "x" rather than the "H" I see that strait across pipe as a possible odd pressure zone.. I have a tech mechanical drawing/rendering I did for another member a while back floating around the site somewhere's here of a custom "x" plan..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.

I gotcha now I generally speak from a non-drag point of view mostly.. Some engines need it some don't.. I also understand and also would run an "x" rather than the "H" I see that strait across pipe as a possible odd pressure zone.. I have a tech mechanical drawing/rendering I did for another member a while back floating around the site somewhere's here of a custom "x" plan..
    Ya I know what ya mean, it appears the H-pipe would be an odd pressure zone, somehow it works to equalize pressure and tends to take rasp out of the system, I still have it on 3 cars (for various reasons).
    But the X-pipe was found to work more efficiently at both equalizing and scavenging, so I went that route on 2 other cars.

I have some track and dyno testing around here somewhere, showing how the H-pipe helped to increase low and mid range torque, and actually picked up slight ET on this particular car. If I remember right the X-pipe helped higher in the rpm range.

To get more in depth, if you talk with Dr. Gas, they make X pipes specifically for particular engine/tranny combinations by manipulating the size and the shape of the opening inside the X-pipe. I had them make one for my chevelle a few years back. Did the same thing on my fathers 69 Goat, rather than just buying a generic X pipe "one size fits all" type of thing.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 11-03-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
    Here are some pictures of the TSP true duals with full UMI suspension. Our torque arm allows you to tuck the exhaust up approximately another inch.

Hope these help!
    you have only the 3rd car i know of this set up. i first did it back in 2008, then a friend heard it and changed his to my setup. i dont know of anyone who did it prior to me...

video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w8gIZJHC5g[/ame]

pic of my set-up, no turn downs:

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Straight pipe

So im looking into straight piping my dual exaust on my 98 t/a from the converters back was looking for any suggestions or recomendations before buying parts?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    you have only the 3rd car i know of this set up. i first did it back in 2008, then a friend heard it and changed his to my setup. i dont know of anyone who did it prior to me...

video:

Click for full size
    What mufflers are those?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Nevermind. Saw it in the video description

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS.6

does anyone know which muffler is the loudest out of the three you can get from tsp? sweet thunder, spiral flow, or the bullets. i'm guessing the bullets

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

video:

Click for full size

I have this exact set up on both my cars!! Made a world of difference on both. My cammed Z drowns out my buddies car thats cammed and has loudmouth 1 and my ss thats pretty well stock, was given a totally unique sound. BONUS no rasp at 3k rpms!

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    What mufflers are those?

LM resonators i guess... also vibrant performance makes similar design

check the pics.. http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75805
    Last edited by torker; 01-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Red
    2002 Camaro 35th LE

I have not seen anything on the Kooks dual set up. Anyone have feedback and any thoughts on hooking that system cat back as I do not have long tubes.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information