Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information.

This is a discussion on True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by raysz28 save your money and run them over the axle not under. it has a lot cleaner ...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by raysz28 View Post
    save your money and run them over the axle not under. it has a lot cleaner look and any time you want to jack the car up you dont have to remove the exhaust.
    Hear ya there, still debating. even the exhaust shop i took it to said you cant go dual 2.5 over the axle. I said its been done many times. He said he'd do 2-1/4 but not 2.5. He said at 2-1/4 over the axle, 400 bucks and i supply the mufflers, and tips. He thought i was stupid for wanting an xpipe, he said just straight out, no connecting pipe.

Is a panhard bar relocation kit worth it for this?

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Hear ya there, still debating. even the exhaust shop i took it to said you cant go dual 2.5 over the axle. I said its been done many times. He said he'd do 2-1/4 but not 2.5. He said at 2-1/4 over the axle, 400 bucks and i supply the mufflers, and tips. He thought i was stupid for wanting an xpipe, he said just straight out, no connecting pipe.

My panhard bar is stock.

and as for the shop not wanting to do 2.5 duals with an xpipe...they are lazy and dont want to do it. Show them pictures of my setup to prove it to them!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by raysz28 View Post
    My panhard bar is stock.

and as for the shop not wanting to do 2.5 duals with an xpipe...they are lazy and dont want to do it. Show them pictures of my setup to prove it to them!
    I actually already have them printed out. Not the ones installed, but the whole setup laid out. Gonna go back once i get some more money. More stuff on my mind besides exhaust right now.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE View Post
    Click for full size
    Is that a custom system? It looks similar to the TSP true dual set up

NBM
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post

No it's not. That guy is just plain lazy and doesn't want to be challenged.

Here is my set-up I just got done last week.

Well after a few years of wanting to get this done I finally did. I did a lot of research and got some in person reviews of a few systems.

Here are the details:
    QTP longtubes
    Magnaflow spun cats
    Magnafow 2.5" x-pipe
    over axle 2.5" system
    2-Flowmaster 1-chamber mufflers
    CME

I wish I could have afforded a nice stainless system with mandrel bends but that was way way way way to far ot of budget... Overall I'm pleased with what I got and that's all that matters.

videos:

pics:

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 418LS1 View Post

Well after a few years of wanting to get this done I finally did. I did a lot of research and got some in person reviews of a few systems.

Here are the details:
    QTP longtubes
    Magnaflow spun cats
    Magnafow 2.5" x-pipe
    over axle 2.5" system
    CME

I wish I could have afforded a nice stainless system with mandrel bends but that was way way way way to far ot of budget... Overall I'm pleased with what I got and that's all that matters.

videos:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    pics:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Wow where did you go they did a very nice job? Mine is under axle and looks like shit lol...If you font mind, how much did it cost you? You can PM if you'd like. Sounds awesome

NBM
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z-28

Thanks! I got it done by Robert up at Fast Lane Performance in Brandwine, MD. It's right off 301 just north of Waldorf.

As far as price well..... everything all together was a bear... I got the headers last year for about 700; cats 95 a piece; x-pipe was 84; mufflers were 60 a piece; CME set-up I've had for a few years now was 400 back then; and lastly the labor/piping of putting it all together was 675

Now if my math is right it came out to be 2169. That's over about 3 years worth of putting pieces together....lol

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Here are the details:
    QTP longtubes
    Magnaflow spun cats
    Magnafow 2.5" x-pipe
    over axle 2.5" system
    CME

videos:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    pics:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Nice job on the setup. How come you didn't go with mandrel bends, cost? Are you lowered at all? how is the ground clearance when you are driving around.

True duals are the way to go! i'm so glad i did mine! the sound is well worth the extra work!

98 Ticket Red Z28
    Mods:
    Front/rear sway bars, poly bushings all around, Bilstein Shocks, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pacesetter LT's, 2.5" Custom True Duals over the axle with Magnaflow mufflers, Shortened Pro 5.0 shifter, TurnOne PS pump.

NBM
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z-28

Thanks! Cost was a big concern for me. I really wanted a stainless mandrel bent system but the price I was quoted up at MBS in Baltimore was way over my budget.

Yeah I'm lowered with BMR springs. I put a set of rubber isolators in the springs to keep it from squatting too badly. I have no issues driving around town with her. No scraping or bumping...

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Here are the details:
    QTP longtubes
    Magnaflow spun cats
    Magnafow 2.5" x-pipe
    over axle 2.5" system
    CME

videos:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    pics:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Wow! That exhaust is ran perfect!
    2000 Camaro Z28 6 speed/cammed/hardtop
    Till the mother fuckin wheels fall off...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Thanks! I got it done by Robert up at Fast Lane Performance in Brandwine, MD. It's right off 301 just north of Waldorf.

As far as price well..... everything all together was a bear... I got the headers last year for about 700; cats 95 a piece; x-pipe was 84; mufflers were 60 a piece; CME set-up I've had for a few years now was 400 back then; and lastly the labor/piping of putting it all together was 675

Now if my math is right it came out to be 2169. That's over about 3 years worth of putting pieces together....lol
    Yea I was lookin at labor from header back. Not bad...get what you pay for obviously haha I wish I would have done it right the first time, woulda saved me a boatload of dough. Oh and you will probably hit those cats every now and then, mine are up just as high and they have a few scuffs, but the roads here suck ass

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Mines Still in progress but heres what i got so far.

Now my question is that with the clamps it still bumps under the driver side under my feet, i was curious as to how i could secure it up there to keep it from doing that. The mufflers and turn downs will be going on next weekend possibly.

Here are some pictures of the TSP true duals with full UMI suspension. Our torque arm allows you to tuck the exhaust up approximately another inch.

Hope these help!

Black
    2001 Formula

You guys with the tsp true duals have tried putting cats on?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    You guys with the tsp true duals have tried putting cats on?
    Not me, but I don't need them for emissions.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Video of my set-up for sound sample purposes. There's a crank up and idle as my wife drove off, a moderate just pulling out into traffic one and an almost full throttle piece too.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU16mTG2PpA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU16mTG2PpA[/ame]

I'll try to get some tomorrow from outside the car. I'm by myself with my boys today so I don't have any really good chance of doing it today.
    Last edited by IH8EVRY1; 07-03-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: more info
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

Well after not driving my car for a while due to my Loudmouth being too loud after the cam install and moving back to Cali, I finally decided to get a true dual system. It was done by Rogers Custom Exhaust Shop in Fontana, CA. Amazing work and even more amazing sound, also the clearance is better then stock! Just what I was looking for, QUIET. The system is stainless steel and mostly mandrel bent. Here's a list of mods - LS6 Intake, LS7 lifters, Stage 2 243's, PPTB, MS4 Cam, Pacesetter LT's, Magnaflow X pipe, Maganflow Dual/Dual Muffler. The car is a 2000 SS. Now, on to the goods...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTJ1PxyWOMQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTJ1PxyWOMQ[/ame]

Overall I am COMPLETELY SATISFIED with the way it sounds!

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    Well after not driving my car for a while due to my Loudmouth being too loud after the cam install and moving back to Cali, I finally decided to get a true dual system. It was done by Rogers Custom Exhaust Shop in Fontana, CA. Amazing work and even more amazing sound, also the clearance is better then stock! Just what I was looking for, QUIET. The system is stainless steel and mostly mandrel bent. Here's a list of mods - LS6 Intake, LS7 lifters, Stage 2 243's, PPTB, MS4 Cam, Pacesetter LT's, Magnaflow X pipe, Maganflow Dual/Dual Muffler. The car is a 2000 SS. Now, on to the goods...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Overall I am COMPLETELY SATISFIED with the way it sounds!
    that system is amazing, i love how it looks and i like that you were able to wrap the muffler under the tank. Good Stuff!
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    that system is amazing, i love how it looks and i like that you were able to wrap the muffler under the tank. Good Stuff!
    Thank you! I love how it tucks up, you would have to get on your hands and knees to actually tell there's a custom exhaust otherwise you can't see anything from any angle you look at the car sitting on the ground.

NBM
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    Thank you! I love how it tucks up, you would have to get on your hands and knees to actually tell there's a custom exhaust otherwise you can't see anything from any angle you look at the car sitting on the ground.
    Looks great brother! Tucks up well!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information