Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information.

This is a discussion on True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information. within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by guitarjay76 sweet job man. how much did it run you all together? thats just what im looking ...

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    sweet job man. how much did it run you all together? thats just what im looking for. bet it sounds great.

it would have cost a ton if i didnt get some of it free... I got some miscellaneous 2.5" straights and bends from a friend. the MIG welder was a friends (used for tacking in place) and the whole thing was TIG welded at work.

so in short:
    Headers $400
    Magnaflow mufflers $140
    Clamps/misc $70
    Welding gas/wire $100
    if i had to buy the SS tubing...add $1000 easy
    Dont forget the savings of doing it yourself...priceless :-)

NBM
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by raysz28 View Post
    it would have cost a ton if i didnt get some of it free... I got some miscellaneous 2.5" straights and bends from a friend. the MIG welder was a friends (used for tacking in place) and the whole thing was TIG welded at work.

so in short:
    Headers $400
    Magnaflow mufflers $140
    Clamps/misc $70
    Welding gas/wire $100
    if i had to buy the SS tubing...add $1000 easy
    Dont forget the savings of doing it yourself...priceless :-)

Got a good sound clip yet?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

this is my exhaust, longtubes to a 3 inch y to the 10 series flowmaster.
    i wanna put it over the axle to the back.. will it change the sound? could i keep it 3 inch?
    i also heard that xr1's sound real goood. anybody have these on their cars?

Last edited by silverWS6; 05-27-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Finally got my exhaust run all the way out back and ditched the Flowmaster ! chambers for some Magnaflow race mufflers (I think part # is 14199) Tips are 5 inch magnaflows that were originally ordered for a diesel app and the guy never picked them up, so they gave me a REALLY good deal on them. Took a little while for them to grow on me, but now I'm glad I got them!

Before:
    Click for full size

After:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

And the shop it was done in:
    Click for full size
    i LOOOOOVE the way this looks from the back!
    any sound clips?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    i LOOOOOVE the way this looks from the back!
    any sound clips?
    Thanks, I'm keeping the mufflers and tips and that's it. This whole setup is so ridiculously low it's not even funny and I can't believe how much money I've spent on it. I'm having it re-done right this summer and should have no ground clearance issues then...

No sound clips cause my camera doesn't record audio anymore. Very mellow at idle and loud as hell, but smooth at WOT. Definitely happy with the muffler choice but I hate the exhaust dragging with even one other person in the car!!!

Does anyone remember the name of that shop in the Chicago area that was fabbing true duals over the axle for $1200? From what I remember it looked like they did a really nice job but I can't seem to locate a thread that has the name of the place...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z/28

i was going to go with true duals... my own design using 2 ypipes cut at the junctions and welded together. my problem was that i couldnt fit what i had through the tunnel brace. so i modified the ypipe coming off the headers so that i had moroso spiralflows (3 inch in/out) off the collectors and then into a ypipe and just dumped single outlet (with a turndown) right after the junction. sounds great, smooth and not too loud (my neighbors still like me). over my ypipe to loudmouth setup, i would say i gained some power, and its not crazy loud either. i welded everything myself on the lift at work. fits great

Light Pewter Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z/28

o, and as far as ground clearance is concerned, i have slp longtubes... the system i welded up for it has no clearance issues whatsoever. a welcomed change from the slp ypipe that i had with dumps welded in, which scraped almost everywhere i went
    race it, wreck it, dump some time and cash into it and DO IT AGAIN...

whit

good information, thank you

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

So i just finished all the fab work on my 2.5" Stainless true duals!
    It will be reinstalled in the morning and then go for a test drive

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    What size magnaflows are those. Wanted to get these but wanted to know how long yours were. Already know they are 2.5in 2.5 out. Need the length and diameter. Model # if possible.

Thanks
    Looks good btw

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    What size magnaflows are those. Wanted to get these but wanted to know how long yours were. Already know they are 2.5in 2.5 out. Need the length and diameter. Model # if possible.

Thanks
    Looks good btw

Thanks! It was a lot of work, but well worth it! i used the 6" round by 14" long magnaflow's http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/12616/10002/-1

it sounds great (i'll post some sound clips soon). at idle its quite, and WOT it makes an awesome sound!! if you want it louder, go with the 4" round by 14" long ones.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks! It was a lot of work, but well worth it! i used the 6" round by 14" long magnaflow's http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/12616/10002/-1

it sounds great (i'll post some sound clips soon). at idle its quite, and WOT it makes an awesome sound!! if you want it louder, go with the 4" round by 14" long ones.
    Dont really want it too loud thats why with true duals i want some magnaflows. How does it sound cruising, any drone? I can handle a little, dont wanna have to scream to the passenger. Gotta say i love your system, only thing im gonna do different is put the second muffler on the driver side so that it points toward the back. Are you gonna puts some tips on it?

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Dont really want it too loud thats why with true duals i want some magnaflows. How does it sound cruising, any drone? I can handle a little, dont wanna have to scream to the passenger. Gotta say i love your system, only thing im gonna do different is put the second muffler on the driver side so that it points toward the back. Are you gonna puts some tips on it?
    Cruising volume is perfect! my wife will agree, just enough to know its there, but a great level to still talk. i think the road noise from the tires is the loudest part of the whole thing.

About both mufflers being parallel with the car...that was my first choice for the setup, but the trunk is not symmetrical underneath the car :-( so i had to improvise otherwise the tips would not come out symmetrical with the rear of the car.

This is how it looked when i tried the tips parallel... not symmetrical
    But i think it ended up great, and when people ask i just tell them why i didnt do it that way. but the most important part is that it sounds awesome and its TRUE Duals!

yes i will get some tips soon, but my first priority was to get it back on the road and enjoy it. i should get some on this winter, i havnt done it yet because of other house projects and fixing my wife's car...lol

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Cruising volume is perfect! my wife will agree, just enough to know its there, but a great level to still talk. i think the road noise from the tires is the loudest part of the whole thing.

About both mufflers being parallel with the car...that was my first choice for the setup, but the trunk is not symmetrical underneath the car :-( so i had to improvise otherwise the tips would not come out symmetrical with the rear of the car.

This is how it looked when i tried the tips parallel... not symmetricalClick for full size
    But i think it ended up great, and when people ask i just tell them why i didnt do it that way. but the most important part is that it sounds awesome and its TRUE Duals!

yes i will get some tips soon, but my first priority was to get it back on the road and enjoy it. i should get some on this winter, i havnt done it yet because of other house projects and fixing my wife's car...lol
    I hear ya, kinda changed my mind now seeing as the tips wont come out symmetrical. Sounds badass one way or another i suppose.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

I hear ya, kinda changed my mind now seeing as the tips wont come out symmetrical. Sounds badass one way or another i suppose.
    What did you end up doing for your setup?

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I'm working on it...
    LS1camino...did you get your done yet? i'm anxious to see how you ran your exhaust?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

What did you end up doing for your setup?
    Was gonna do your setup but under the axle, no money as of now so its all on hold.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

LS1camino...did you get your done yet? i'm anxious to see how you ran your exhaust?
    Where the hell is that video you have been promising?

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Where the hell is that video you have been promising?
    i have taken two with different camera's, each time they dont come out right at all. my friends that have heard the video say it doesnt sound like the car at all. so i'm hoping to get the time to take another one this weekend.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Was gonna do your setup but under the axle, no money as of now so its all on hold.
    save your money and run them over the axle not under. it has a lot cleaner look and any time you want to jack the car up you dont have to remove the exhaust.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information