Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is this true about pacesetters?

This is a discussion on Is this true about pacesetters? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by z_driver1 I'm gonna leave this alone, shit talkin cock sucker, you reference more than just LTs and ...

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I'm gonna leave this alone, shit talkin cock sucker, you reference more than just LTs and try to use it as an argument for LTs and talk shit on me? You're right what has this site become. Just a dyno tune can pull in 15-20 hp, how much of your 30 does that leave for the LTs? I'm out of here until people can learn to discuss something without being fuckholes this shit gets old

Don't be a hater! The man speaks the truth......Whether you believe it or not, LT's are good for 20+ rwhp. Do a search before running your dirty little mouth!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

children....play nice

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I was playing nice until he started saying I "didn't know shit". He can contest what I say, I have no problem with that, and if I'm wrong I have no problem with someone saying so, he just could have been nice about it. I get talked crap to, I talk it back. I'm open to learning if I am wrong about this, let's discuss it.

Please leave out little kid crap like -
    "bullshit they are not.
    good lord what has this site become, newbie central.
    not only newbie central, but newbs who dont know shit."

My side of the discussion:
    Super chevy installed Hooker headers and borla catback and dyno'd 9rwhp over stock
    http://superchevy.com/technical/engi...rt2/index.html
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 02-25-2006 at 06:24 PM.

The Rookie
    Just ordered my Pacesetters today. I should get them by wed or Thursday. I will settle this once and for all. I will have my car Dyno'd this week then again after the install. Stay tuned.......

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

I was playing nice until he started saying I "didn't know shit". He can contest what I say, I have no problem with that, and if I'm wrong I have no problem with someone saying so, he just could have been nice about it. I get talked crap to, I talk it back. I'm open to learning if I am wrong about this, let's discuss it.

"bullshit they are not.

Super chevy installed Hooker headers and borla catback and dyno'd 9rwhp over stock
    you once again proved you are a stupid newb who has zero fuckin clue.
    those hooker 50 state legal headers are shorty headers, not long tube headers.
    PACESETTERS= LONG TUBES. you yourself just proved you dont know shit.
    use the search feature, you will see people gain an easy 20 and up from ANY long tube.

you may wanna stick to the AAG forum so this way you dont give out bullshit advice on performance.
    Last edited by nhraformula; 02-25-2006 at 09:32 PM.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black

btw, i gained 30 rwhp and 29 rwtq with a basic tune.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I'm just glad that the general concensus is that coated PS LTs are just fine, cuz that's exactly what I was gonna roll with...I already have a cat-back, so with the ORY and a tune, I'll be good
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    you once again proved you are a stupid newb who has zero fuckin clue.
    those hooker 50 state legal headers are shorty headers, not long tube headers.
    PACESETTERS= LONG TUBES. you yourself just proved you dont know shit.
    use the search feature, you will see people gain an easy 20 and up from ANY long tube.

you may wanna stick to the AAG forum so this way you dont give out bullshit advice on performance.
    yep, you're right, I'm an idiot, and you are the coolest guy ever, your tough guy asshole attitude impresses me and I hope it impresses everyone else

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

No really, I was wrong about headers and you were right, big deal. Who stuck their cock in your ass and made you think you have to act bad ass, it's headers dude calm down

Black
    98 Trans Am

"bullshit they are not.

Newbie schoobie haha LOL! You really made a butt of yourself! I may be a newbie to THIS site, but I'm not a newbie to LS1's OR other sites, which you OBVIOUSLY are. Not only are those hookers shorties, but they are some of the worst shorties and STILL added 9rwhp. Now do you understand how it's possible for there to be so many dyno's showing gains of over 20+ rwhp for longtubes? Not only do you not know what you are talking about, but you are being a real jerk. It's O.K. to disagree with someone, but you don't have to run your dirty little mouth. If you don't want to look stupid, then you should stop spouting off about stuff you don't know about, and stop calling the people that DO know what they are talking about newbies. LOL! Atleast your posts have given me a good belly laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SLOW346; 02-26-2006 at 02:51 AM.

Do a search on post you dyno numbers thread, it shows the gains those with LT's get.
    I'm sure I'de hit 350 rwhp with them.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I agree with Z driver 1. There's no need for rudeness

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Enough of this crap guys.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Pacesetters are a good header for the price.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I have a question

If price isn't an issue, what is the best set of headers for the LS1? I'm just as interested in getting the best bang for my buck as the next guy, but in the end, I would probably be willing to spend the big bucks for the results.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by SLOW346
    Newbie schoobie haha LOL! You really made a butt of yourself! I may be a newbie to THIS site, but I'm not a newbie to LS1's OR other sites, which you OBVIOUSLY are. Not only are those hookers shorties, but they are some of the worst shorties and STILL added 9rwhp. Now do you understand how it's possible for there to be so many dyno's showing gains of over 20+ rwhp for longtubes? Not only do you not know what you are talking about, but you are being a real jerk. It's O.K. to disagree with someone, but you don't have to run your dirty little mouth. If you don't want to look stupid, then you should stop spouting off about stuff you don't know about, and stop calling the people that DO know what they are talking about newbies. LOL! Atleast your posts have given me a good belly laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You havn't even read this thread if you are going to approach me as the jerk not nhra. you havn't read this thread if you are saying I called someone a newbie -both of those were him smart guy read the thread. I admitted I was wrong, I got a fact wrong and misquoted hp gain, big deal. I must not knw ANYTHING because I misread an article on the internet and gave an incorrect hp number Two things have been proved here
    -I misread and article and can say I was wrong
    -you and nhra have serious problems if a conversation over headers makes you guys feel like bad asses

White
    2003 Ram 2500

z driver1 im going to have to join ur side on this one. you admitted you were wrong and them two just keep going.

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sills1
    I have a question

If price isn't an issue, what is the best set of headers for the LS1? I'm just as interested in getting the best bang for my buck as the next guy, but in the end, I would probably be willing to spend the big bucks for the results.

Well get ready to spend 1200 to 1300 bucks on Kooks. I also was thinking the way you were a few months ago SILLS1, but after doing some reasearch and asking a few questions, it made more sense to go with the PAceSetters. For the price I would pay for Kooks, I will get a very good header with same HP increase, good fit, all gaskets and hardware included plus be able to get a Dyno Tune and still have 100-200 bucks for extra goodies for my SS.

and to answer your avatar question.....HELL YEAH!!! I LOVE KATE BECKENSALE sp? SHE is FREAKIN HOT!!!!!!

black

I admitted I was wrong, I got a fact wrong and misquoted hp gain, big deal.
    -you and nhra have serious problems if a conversation over headers makes you guys feel like bad asses
    it is a big deal. you could of gave the wrong advice and somebody could of spent alot of money for nothing.
    im not trying to be some online badass, but i stated my opinion.
    not knowing the difference between long tube headers and shorty headers = newbie.
    also not knowing to use the search button = newbie.
    point is, if you dont know for sure, dont answer.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I know the difference, I don't know how I missed it in the article that they were shorties. My whole opinion was based on not realizing they used shorties, not that I don't know the difference. I don't rely on forums searches for my facts, I prefer a real source that I know isn't some punk trying to look good to online buddies, most people stretch the truth about their cars online. It just turned around on me when I missed that in the article, really when they said 50 state legal it should have hit me and it didn't that's a huge giveaway right there, not to mention the pic on the 2nd page I'm far from a newbie, I got a fact wrong, it couldn't have hurt anybody. It's better to underrate than overrate in my opinion. It was a misunderstanding man, not drop dead proof that I don't know anything about anything. Hell, I put headers on mine a few weeks ago and she ain't dead yet.

Anyways, headers are definitly worth the $$$ in power and sound, and the more you mod the more you'll be glad you got them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information