Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tru dual system

This is a discussion on Tru dual system within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; long tube, i hear that short arnt worth a shit, and try pacesetters? good price, of stainless is the best....

Black
    99 SS

long tube, i hear that short arnt worth a shit, and try pacesetters? good price, of stainless is the best.

Heres some questions about TDs,
    1. If you don't run cats, will the exhaust smell bad like it does when you have an o/r Y-pipe?
    2. Do cats on TDs still remove rasp?

Black
    99 SS

i dont run cats on my 70 Chevelle, it smess like gas.

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by _JB_
    Heres some questions about TDs,
    1. If you don't run cats, will the exhaust smell bad like it does when you have an o/r Y-pipe?
    2. Do cats on TDs still remove rasp?
    Yes and Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    Yes and Yes.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JEB
    I have true duals on my 2000 SS that goes over the axle and exits out the rear from beneath the bumper in the stock location. I have that old muscle car sound but without the loudness. I have the stock manifolds, stock cats., and straight though, noise cancelling MagnaFlow mufflers, one on each side of the rear tub. I picked up 5 percent in horsepower with just the addition of the dual exhaust system. Other than the duals, my car is stock. We have a very strict emissions test system here in NC (OBD 2 )and I have had no trouble passing the emissions testing that is conducted once each year. Dual exhaust is the only way to go for sound, power, gas milage, and just over all performance.
    JEB, where did you get that done? Any pics?

Black
    99 SS

you can get that done in a shop in Cincinnati.

Bassani true dual system looks sweet and goes all the way back, sounds nice too. You might want to check out www.ls1sounds.com for different set ups and see what you like.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fran D
    JEB, where did you get that done? Any pics?

I came up with this particular system and with the aid of my friend, who owns a muffler shop, we put it together. I had some pictures, a sound clip, and dyno test results, but I can't find the disc with all that information was on it right now. I am afraid that it has been destroyed because I can't find it anywhere. Oh yes, you ask where I had the dual system made. Right here in my hometown in North Carolina. I had planned to try to sale some of my particular dual exhaust systems, but the interest just didn't seem to be out there. So I gave up on that idea long ago and decided that I would be happy with my dual exhaust system knowing that I have the only one of its kind anywhere out there. For me, it is the perfect dual exhaust system. It was not real expensive to have made. It looks as if it were a factory installed system. Because the system uses straight through, noise cancelling mufflers, that great LS-1 engine breaths deeply and runs almost unrestricted. It is not loud, yet it has that deep muscle car sound. It is quiet inside the car with no roars nor rumbles. It increased my horsepower and torque by about 5 percent. It looks good because the pipes come out from beneath the rear bumper in the stock location. What else could one ask for in a true dual exhaust system?
    Last edited by JEB; 10-15-2005 at 11:23 PM.
    JEB

I came up with this particular system and with the aid of my friend, who owns a muffler shop, we put it together. I had some pictures, a sound clip, and dyno test results, but I can't find the disc with all that information was on it right now. I am afraid that it has been destroyed because I can't find it anywhere. Oh yes, you ask where I had the dual system made. Right here in my hometown in North Carolina. I had planned to try to sale some of my particular dual exhaust systems, but the interest just didn't seem to be out there. So I gave up on that idea long ago and decided that I would be happy with my dual exhaust system knowing that I have the only one of its kind anywhere out there. For me, it is the perfect dual exhaust system. It was not real expensive to have made. It looks as if it were a factory installed system. Because the system uses straight through, noise cancelling mufflers, that great LS-1 engine breaths deeply and runs almost unrestricted. It is not loud, yet it has that deep muscle car sound. It is quiet inside the car with no roars nor rumbles. It increased my horsepower and torque by about 5 percent. It looks good because the pipes come out from beneath the rear bumper in the stock location. What else could one ask for in a true dual exhaust system?
    Thanks. Now I'm jealous.

By the way, I also own a black, '00 SS. Eventually, I'll get the exhaust the way I want it.

camaro_ss_97_
    does anyone have any picture of there true dual set ups?? i have some lt pacesetter headers and a universal x-pipe and 2 slp loud mouth mufflers?

help

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Did you go over the axle on the left or did you bring them both over the right side? If you went over the left how did you work it? Can you take some new pics?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

i use the bassani tru-duals on both of my cars. click the links in my sig for pics of it installed on both cars. did some minor modifying to fit the bassani headers as the tru-duals are designed to fit 00-02 cars with stock manifolds and cats.

sound clips of it on the wife's car with the vinci 062 cam

rev in park

idle in park

idle in drive

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8d85
    I want to put tru duals on my 01 camaro ss. What is a good setup or what is decent that i can use from headers all the way back. Also how much is it going to run me. I want something that will sound bad ass where people practically orgasim lol.
    if your running LTs already, all you need is an X pipe, bullet mufflers and turn downs. Thats assuming you dont mind dumping the exhaust before the rear axle ?

if so that set up will cost less then $400, and you can install it yourself.
    Speed inc. has the Xpipe for around $100.

Also its an easy install, all band clamps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information