Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

is this too good to be true

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

All Show No Go...they flow like crap, if you plan on doing anything with your car you shouldn't skimp on things.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

I DONT SKIMP ON NOTHING, I already have headers. I just came across these and thought I would see what people thought
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Doesn't Spaz or someone have those?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by blk_jaws View Post
    I DONT SKIMP ON NOTHING, I already have headers. I just came across these and thought I would see what people thought
    Calm down dude, how was I supposed to know? Look at your title...it makes me think you were looking for opinions on them before you bought them.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    All Show No Go...they flow like crap, if you plan on doing anything with your car you shouldn't skimp on things.
    You have any experience with em? I'm guessing no...So don't say what you don't know.

I can't tell ya how they perform, only what I've read, but from what I've read, they flow just fine. Several people on Tech use them, and I just bought a set to try out with my 383. For $175, WITH the smooth bellow (was gonna get any way) you can't beat it. Its about like paying $115 for the headers. Anyway, I have them sitting in my garage right now and they are NICE! The quality is outstanding, welds are awesome, tubes are actually 1 3/4" and 3" unlike most, and the flanges are VERY thick. The only problems I've ever heard of from them is the left side is angled up slightly and will require either a little heat, or slight modification to your Y. I didn't care about that since I have a torch, was gonna wrap them, AND was gonna use a true dual setup anyway, so the Y doesn't matter.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Calm down dude, how was I supposed to know? Look at your title...it makes me think you were looking for opinions on them before you bought them.
    Well, I didnt spend $14k on a car to add shitty upgrades to it!

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

i believe Spaz or someone, has these same Headers...

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

If they actually do perform well... they have attention because of the price

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Well, I didnt spend $14k on a car to add shitty upgrades to it!
    You put SLP headers on it...

10's N/A

Man you LS1 guys are lucky. I wish they offered headers for the LTx motor at that price.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Where are you getting this info from? We were discussing this at a recent meet and someone told me that his friend with a 408 stroker, n/a, only gained 6whp and about 8rwtq switching from pacesetters to kooks 1 7/8 so...

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    You have any experience with em? I'm guessing no...So don't say what you don't know.

I can't tell ya how they perform, only what I've read, but from what I've read, they flow just fine. Several people on Tech use them, and I just bought a set to try out with my 383. For $175, WITH the smooth bellow (was gonna get any way) you can't beat it. Its about like paying $115 for the headers. Anyway, I have them sitting in my garage right now and they are NICE! The quality is outstanding, welds are awesome, tubes are actually 1 3/4" and 3" unlike most, and the flanges are VERY thick. The only problems I've ever heard of from them is the left side is angled up slightly and will require either a little heat, or slight modification to your Y. I didn't care about that since I have a torch, was gonna wrap them, AND was gonna use a true dual setup anyway, so the Y doesn't matter.
    Thank you! Oh, and the LPP brand headers on tech look EXACTLY the same as mine but with a merge collector and the AIR and EGR fittings in the right spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    i believe Spaz or someone, has these same Headers...
    I have them, and like others I too was skeptical...They fit very well and there are TONS of threads on what you have to modify if you chose to do so. I hate telling people to do a search, but there is some really good info in a lot of threads about these headers!

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I have them, and like others I too was skeptical...They fit very well and there are TONS of threads on what you have to modify if you chose to do so. I hate telling people to do a search, but there is some really good info in a lot of threads about these headers!
    well, i remember a thread not too long ago, someone brought them up or something. Spaz said he had them shipped to his door for under 200, and showed that same exact ebay post of what they were. called them No named long tubes...or something like that.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    well, i remember a thread not too long ago, someone brought them up or something. Spaz said he had them shipped to his door for under 200, and showed that same exact ebay post of what they were. called them No named long tubes...or something like that.
    They pretty much are no name LT's, but compare them side by side to the LPP's and they look identical minues the mearge collector and the AIR/EGR fittings being in the right spot on the LPP's. I got mine for like $240 shipped I believe...

Spaz does have them too.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Good luck trying to bend them. It is possible, but the grade stainless that they are made from is very very hard.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Good luck trying to bend them. It is possible, but the grade stainless that they are made from is very very hard.
    I'm not really worried. I have a huge acetylene torch that will work. I had to do the same on the Magnaflow stainless system on my truck.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

You put SLP headers on it...
    There pretty DAMN expensive arent they? I never read reviews on them so I was in the dark about ground clearance and stuff like that! But I did pay a lot of money on em so I would'nt say a shitty upgrade if you dont know all the facts.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

they look good. shit for the price why not try'em. and as for the dont skimp on anything comment, some of the big brands are pure shit. look at the way its made not the brand stamped on it.
    Click for full size

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

There pretty DAMN expensive arent they? I never read reviews on them so I was in the dark about ground clearance and stuff like that! But I did pay a lot of money on em so I would'nt say a shitty upgrade if you dont know all the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    they look good. shit for the price why not try'em. and as for the dont skimp on anything comment, some of the big brands are pure shit. look at the way its made not the brand stamped on it.
    Exactly. Just cause they were expensive, doesn't mean there good. Anything with SLPs name on its expensive. Just cause you paid alot for something and didn't know anything about them doesn't mean they're good...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    Exactly. Just cause they were expensive, doesn't mean there good. Anything with SLPs name on its expensive. Just cause you paid alot for something and didn't know anything about them doesn't mean they're good...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information