Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    2002 z28

Tickets for exhaust

Hey guys, So I'm more than likely going to be getting myself the SLP lm 1 in the spring time, Being an 18 year old kid, who drives a red z28, the last thing I need is to draw more attention to myself, however, I need to hear that ls1 when im driving. The quiet stock system needs to go. So heres my question, if its just the cat back, it prolly wont effect emissions right, am I going to get a ticket for the exhaust and need to replace it, is it legal, and is it the loudest catback avalable?

I understand there is a lot there so just give me some of your experiences and your thoughts, thanks

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreZ28 View Post
    Hey guys, So I'm more than likely going to be getting myself the SLP lm 1 in the spring time, Being an 18 year old kid, who drives a red z28, the last thing I need is to draw more attention to myself, however, I need to hear that ls1 when im driving. The quiet stock system needs to go. So heres my question, if its just the cat back, it prolly wont effect emissions right, am I going to get a ticket for the exhaust and need to replace it, is it legal, and is it the loudest catback avalable?

I understand there is a lot there so just give me some of your experiences and your thoughts, thanks
    Maryland emissions is retarded...they passed me with LTs, catless ORY, Rear O2s tuned out, Hooker Catback and my cutout OPEN. In other words, don't worry about emissions in this state.

If you're worried about getting a ticket for the loudness, just don't get on it in a neighborhood or around any cops.

Red
    2002 z28

yea, like is it one of those things were you just need to be smart about it and not rev around cops and residential areas? or will a cop pull u over if your next to him at a redlight and he can hear ur car at idle.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

I highly doubt the cop would do anything just hearing your car idling at a stop light....he'd have to be a real dick....as long as you didn't gun it when the light turned green or rev it up before the light turns green you should be fine.

Red
    2002 z28

Is the slp loudmouth 1 the loudest catback?

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

its really loud. i have it with the slp headers and i set off car alarms going down the street

Red
    2002 z28

Ha alright nice, thats what im looking for, I like the sound of the gmmg better but $900 is a bit much

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    its really loud. i have it with the slp headers and i set off car alarms going down the street
    Yes, it is loud. Very loud when you add headers. Almost too loud

How you like those SLP headers AND SLP LM1?

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post

i love the sound of it, it just sounds like a monster from the outside. the only thing that sucks is the slp headers hanging so low
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

both red
    1998 Z28 - 1991 Z28

have the loudmouth II and it rumbles - but if you have to take you foot off the throtle it isn't to bad bad - but I dont have long tubes or ory w/ no cats yet - we will see then - it sounds like it is a single glasspack John

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post

I have same setup minus the SLP headers. Saved alot of money and went pacesetter, great ground clearance and fitment and also no cats. ORY

BTW the slp lm1 idle is not that loud, I even have longtubes and wish mine had a little louder idle.
    I think its because ive been drolling over cammed ls1s. Don't get me wrong it is extremely loud around 2K up (almost defening).

And cold start up are awesome. Raspy as hell around 2500-3000 but other than that I think it sounds good.
    Should have no problem with the exhaust as long as your smart (revving, gunning wise).

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I forgot to add that I left a friends house live about 8 or 9 miles away. He called me when I was pulling into my street and told me to punch it. About 15-18 seconds later he heard the sound. Started counting when he heard it over the phone lol

It was at night, sound travels like crazy. If you want loud this exhaust is your best bet.
    Last edited by WS6ICK2K; 03-25-2009 at 06:30 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

The LM-1 is nothing more than a straight pipe with a bit of a funnel shape(not much) to divert some sound(not much). I absolutely hated mine-sounded like a old dump truck-until I bought a Borla race muffler and put it in place of the LM-1 resonator. Magnaflow is a excellent sounding cat back too IMO.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    i love the sound of it, it just sounds like a monster from the outside. the only thing that sucks is the slp headers hanging so low
    Yes they do. Its a symptom caled "SLPalitous" Its common among people with SLP anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    I have same setup minus the SLP headers. Saved alot of money and went pacesetter, great ground clearance and fitment and also no cats. ORY

BTW the slp lm1 idle is not that loud, I even have longtubes and wish mine had a little louder idle.
    I think its because ive been drolling over cammed ls1s. Don't get me wrong it is extremely loud around 2K up (almost defening).

And cold start up are awesome. Raspy as hell around 2500-3000 but other than that I think it sounds good.
    Should have no problem with the exhaust as long as your smart (revving, gunning wise).
    Raspy is all you get out of a full SLP exhaust system
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    I forgot to add that I left a friends house live about 8 or 9 miles away. He called me when I was pulling into my street and told me to punch it. About 15-18 seconds later he heard the sound. Started counting when he heard it over the phone lol

It was at night, sound travels like crazy. If you want loud this exhaust is your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    The LM-1 is nothing more than a straight pipe with a bit of a funnel shape(not much) to divert some sound(not much). I absolutely hated mine-sounded like a old dump truck-until I bought a Borla race muffler and put it in place of the LM-1 resonator. Magnaflow is a excellent sounding cat back too IMO.

Red
    2002 z28

I think the magnaflow would be a little too quiet for my taste..

black trans am

i love my maganflow.. i hate lm1 make the cars sound to raspy... if u want to be loud then lm1 is what u want but if u want to get some respect from older ppl the sound of borla and magnaflow can not be beaten also note that u can get a adjusable borla look in to that and see what u like and go to

ls1sounds.com

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I love my GMMG

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I love my Kooks, 4 inch exhaust and Spin Tech more.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

oh ya well i really love mine!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    oh ya well i really love mine!
    Not more then me. Mines the bestest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information