Results 1 to 14 of 14

Throttle body Spacer

This is a discussion on Throttle body Spacer within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; What does a spacer do?...

  1. #1
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Question Throttle body Spacer

    What does a spacer do?

  2. #2
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    in an ls1 car its useless.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  3. #3
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    i ask because my throttle cable is to long and i have ordered both styles from the factory and still too long...i need something to take the slack away...

  4. #4
    Member ApexVIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    307

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    i ask because my throttle cable is to long and i have ordered both styles from the factory and still too long...i need something to take the slack away...
    well then you might want to try and get one then or a different TB what year ls1 do you have?
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

  5. #5
    Member ApexVIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    307

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    yea you have a 00, if you had a tb ported you might have the wrong tb on there like from a 98-99 tb they are different and that is one of the things that happens when there is a 98-99 tb on a 00-02 car

  6. #6
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by ApexVIII View Post
    well then you might want to try and get one then or a different TB what year ls1 do you have?
    2k ws6

  7. #7
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by ApexVIII View Post
    yea you have a 00, if you had a tb ported you might have the wrong tb on there like from a 98-99 tb they are different and that is one of the things that happens when there is a 98-99 tb on a 00-02 car
    i havent had it ported and the owner before me doesnt know of anything being changed. I ordered the two style cabels from pontiac that were used for the 4th gen and still doesnt fit...how can i tel if its been changed?

  8. #8
    Member jag42420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    43
    Posts
    525

    Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    i havent had it ported and the owner before me doesnt know of anything being changed. I ordered the two style cabels from pontiac that were used for the 4th gen and still doesnt fit...how can i tel if its been changed?

    (From http://www.smokemup.com/tech/ls1.php )
    Throttle Body Information:
    A 98-99 TB has a brown spring on it and a smaller throttle cam, GM Part# 17113390.

    A 2000-2002 TB has a blue spring on it and it has the biggest throttle cam, GM Part# 17113647.

    A Truck TB has a orange spring on it and a cam that is close to the 98-99 F-body ones but it's not an exact fit.

    In short when looking for swapping throttle bodies from one car to another check the color of the spring.

  9. #9
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by jag42420 View Post
    (From http://www.smokemup.com/tech/ls1.php )
    Throttle Body Information:
    A 98-99 TB has a brown spring on it and a smaller throttle cam, GM Part# 17113390.

    A 2000-2002 TB has a blue spring on it and it has the biggest throttle cam, GM Part# 17113647.

    A Truck TB has a orange spring on it and a cam that is close to the 98-99 F-body ones but it's not an exact fit.

    In short when looking for swapping throttle bodies from one car to another check the color of the spring.
    this color is the bak side if u r looking from the lid right?....mine is silver in front and orange in rear...

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dayton, TX
    Age
    49
    Posts
    47

    white
    1998 Firebird Formula WS6

    My cable is too long after LS6 intake install. I have a 98 ported TB. Is the bracket also different?

  11. #11
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    i have a ls6 intake too...but mine was to long to begin with...i was running 14-15s in 1/4 mile couldnt figure out why...damn cable...ill try to take pics of mine...no idea about bracket

  12. #12
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Where on the throttle body is the part number? I'm not seeing it. Like a bone head I picked up a ported throttle body and didn't check which year it was for.
    Vote for Pedro.

  13. #13
    Member jag42420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    43
    Posts
    525

    Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    i ask because my throttle cable is to long and i have ordered both styles from the factory and still too long...i need something to take the slack away...
    1998-1999 LS1 throttle cable, with NW9 option (TCS): 12552267
    2000-2002 LS1 throttle cable, with NW9 option (TCS): 12563651

    1998-1999 LS1 throttle cable, without TCS: 12565559
    2000-2002 LS1 throttle cable, without TCS: 12565560

  14. #14
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air





    and as for the cable pn s i have tried they were for the 4th gen styles and then ordered by my vin so aparently the tb was changed...damn it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. throttle body spacer
    By jjc239 in forum GTO
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM
  2. Throttle body spacer ?
    By RedSmokey in forum External Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:45 AM
  3. throttle body spacer
    By racingrev in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
  4. Throttle Body Spacer
    By 5.7literMustangEater in forum GTO
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:54 AM
  5. throttle body spacer
    By MichelLeS1 in forum Parts Review
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 09:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •