Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Throttle Body, Quick bolt ons

This is a discussion on Throttle Body, Quick bolt ons within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This my custom TB I did just recently, I say again go for it.....

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This my custom TB I did just recently, I say again go for it..

Last edited by Smittro; 03-23-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

will do, it should come out great i have a polishing department that i can bring it to after and have them clean it up. one other guy told me porting the tb and to buy a ls6 intake i'll gain like 30 hp. i'll gladly do that but is that going to mess up anything and throw a code or is that something i can bolt right on and there will be no problems

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    will do, it should come out great i have a polishing department that i can bring it to after and have them clean it up. one other guy told me porting the tb and to buy a ls6 intake i'll gain like 30 hp. i'll gladly do that but is that going to mess up anything and throw a code or is that something i can bolt right on and there will be no problems
    RIght now you have EGR with your LS1 intake. LS6 intakes don't have it so when you remove it you will throw a code.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Oh I see so not a good idea to buy that? Cause if it will run fine it seems worth it

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Oh I see so not a good idea to buy that? Cause if it will run fine it seems worth it
    It should run fine, only thing is you will throw a code. An LS6 intake is a very common mod, if i were you i'd do it, but to get the full benefit you need a tune... and headers!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

if you port your own TB, make sure you stay clear of the area where the throttle blade seals when its closed. Otherwise you'll ruin your TB because your engine won't idle down.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    if you port your own TB, make sure you stay clear of the area where the throttle blade seals when its closed. Otherwise you'll ruin your TB because your engine won't idle down.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Unless you get a properly sized ventury..

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Unless you get a properly sized ventury..
    Huh?? Details please. I don't understand

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Huh?? Details please. I don't understand
    Vanturies come in various sizes one would have to deside on what size to safely use then machine for it.. Ventury is the old technical name for the "butterfly" area. Tho I may not be spelling it right.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-24-2010 at 07:44 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Oh I see. Replacing the word venturi with butterfly makes sense. I was thinking venturi like a carb's coke bottle shaped area that help create a suction to pull gas through the jets.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Oh I see. Replacing the word venturi with butterfly makes sense. I was thinking venturi like a carb's coke bottle shaped area that help create a suction to pull gas through the jets.
    You're right tho.. That is what it is.. But sometimes this area is also refered to as a venturi on a tb too. I guess I'm just a little too old school sometimes..

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I was thinkings Venturi Cone, like for an exhaust system

White
    1998 Trans Am

Another easy bolt on would be ASP underive pulley. Get the alt. pulley if you have plan to upgrade the audio and for automatic cars. I also put a 220 amp alt. Since I plane on replacing the monsoon with a eclipse nav and Memphis speakers and amps.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

I took finally took some better pictures of the SS The ground wasnt too level at my house so the rear is high up but at least they are clear. Let me know what you think damn good deal for 6 grand!!!!

Last edited by Camaro69Mac; 03-27-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Polished and ported throttle body

Just did it at work 1st time every pretty easy i didnt go too crazy on it cause i didnt want to screw something up but looks good and works great noticed a difference in response right away. One thing i'm curious of is with the coolant bypass....is this going to mess up my egr? also is it going to run hotter with the bypass? No side effects with that bypass? I'm just asking before i go ahead and do it. Thanks for your help

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Just did it at work 1st time every pretty easy i didnt go too crazy on it cause i didnt want to screw something up but looks good and works great noticed a difference in response right away. One thing i'm curious of is with the coolant bypass....is this going to mess up my egr? also is it going to run hotter with the bypass? No side effects with that bypass? I'm just asking before i go ahead and do it. Thanks for your help
    Looks good
    The bypass will actually make your car run cooler. The coolant running through your TB was a GM thing to help warm up cars in cold climates. Not gonna mess up your EGR.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

did i not do enough porting to it? as i did it i thought of going at it more but seemed good enough, ...gotta love this forum i get answers so quick! Great. Thanks alot thats it for the free mods now its time for the good ones. I dont want to cut that egr tube it doesnt seem worth it to me. maybe i'm wrong if i am let me know. It just seems kinda dumb to do. Next i'm buying a new rear end, just cause i know this ones going to go like everyones said. Moser is what i'm going to go with. then work my way up front prob goin to do a supercharger.
    Last edited by Camaro69Mac; 03-29-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

did i not do enough porting to it? as i did it i thought of going at it more but seemed good enough, ...gotta love this forum i get answers so quick! Great. Thanks alot thats it for the free mods now its time for the good ones. I dont want to cut that egr tube it doesnt seem worth it to me. maybe i'm wrong if i am let me know. It just seems kinda dumb to do. Next i'm buying a new rear end, just cause i know this ones going to go like everyones said. Moser is what i'm going to go with. then work my way up front prob goin to do a supercharger.
    For the EGR you could could just block off the manifolds with a piece of aluminum or buy the blockoff kit. I just took like 1/4" aluminum and cut small blockoffs. The hole in the intake you could plug with a 1 3/8" freeze plug from pepboys.
    As for the rear
    M6 - 9 inch
    A4 - 12-bolt

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

thats a good idea...no kidding though 9 inch? those are so common everyone loves those cause they are so hard to blow up. I had one in an older trans am and ran low 12's with no problems at all ever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information