with options like---
    Exhaust Gasket Set
    TSP Y Pipe (catted/Uncatted)
    or True Duals which for a DD...this maybe too much scrape

Opinions? Thoughts? Videos? Pics?
    thanks

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

go to true dual section. If done right u shouldnt have any issues with clearance

2000 Trans Am

I vote true duals too if you can be okay with it being pretty loud. I ran two tsp y pipes and both were awesome but I had to do a bit of cutting and work to make it all work. I also ran 2 different true dual set ups from them and they sounded awesome and tucked up better (barely) than my y pipes from them have.

On a stock cube engine your not going to gain much if anything with the 1-7/8 headers over 1-3/4.

I have reused stock metal gaskets everytime I swapped headers and never had an issue.

With TSP true duals there are tricks to make it tuck up nicer like flipping the plastic piece holding the fuel rails upside down. I was lowered and rarely ever scraped.

silver
    2000 formula

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
    I vote true duals too if you can be okay with it being pretty loud. I ran two tsp y pipes and both were awesome but I had to do a bit of cutting and work to make it all work. I also ran 2 different true dual set ups from them and they sounded awesome and tucked up better (barely) than my y pipes from them have.

On a stock cube engine your not going to gain much if anything with the 1-7/8 headers over 1-3/4.

I have reused stock metal gaskets everytime I swapped headers and never had an issue.

With TSP true duals there are tricks to make it tuck up nicer like flipping the plastic piece holding the fuel rails upside down. I was lowered and rarely ever scraped.
    -the 7/8 just sound better IMO and for the price difference (basically $100-$200 more than 3/4) im ok with that.
    -thanks for the stock gasket info...if been wondering about that since this summer
    -as for loud i want loud. but with So. Indiana roads...i scrape now and im all stock...given its my front but all of the true dual setups ive seen (which is only about 4 or 5) they were literally 2 inches from the ground and you could see the beaten theyve taken. i just dont see them fitting tighter than a Y-Pipe from ARH or Kooks.
    -If i went with the True Duals...what mufflers are good.
    The TSP 1-7/8 LTs come with three muffler options for true duals (Sweet Thunder/Moroso Sprial Flow/Dynomax Bullet Mufflers)
    I am NOT A FAN of the Magnaflow sound so...what do you guys think?
    What about Cutouts?
    *********ALSO!!!!
    Headers are Manufactured using flash-controlled 16-gauge carbon steel tubing and ceramic coating. good right? i mean isnt 304 SS the best? (like the ARH Headers are made with?)

2000 Trans Am

Perhaps the Arh or other top brand y pipe might tuck up better but I can only respond on the texas speed ones you originally asked about. (and a few others I have gone through). Dont get me wrong either, both TSP's y pipes and TD's have tucked up pretty good If you know what your doing. I just scrape more (which is still rare) with their Y pipe

Most people dont know how to install true duals to get the most ground clearance out of them and thats why most people end up bashing up their exhaust.

One set of TD's I had Dynomax bullets. It was very loud but didnt sound the greatest. Not bad but not great. The next set I had Sweet thunders. They were slightly quieter but still loud. The sound was perfect for me though and I loved them.

2000 Trans Am

IMG_20100913_165334 by Red Water Shifters, on Flickr

Just for reference this picture doesnt show much for ground clearance but you can see, It isnt beat up and tucked up great on my lowered car. You gain more clearance with Sweet Thunders too.

Impounded
    yeah those look tucked muuuuch closer to the car than the handful i seen at the LSX fest.
    whats the rasp like? ive looked at a few on youtube and some sound like a dump truck for a lack of better words..

2000 Trans Am

No rasp at all with mine. Looking at videos for exhaust sound isnt too helpful because camera mics often dont pick up sound well. You can hear the things from a mile away WOT though.

Impounded
    haha yeah. ive listened to probably 500 videos since june trying to figure out what i want...and you can totally hear the differences in camera sound quality...true duals seem to sound horrible on camera but the few at the fest were pretty sick. only one of em had horrible rasp but it had a cam so its hard to tell at idle with a cam
    i cant help but favor ARHs 7/8 ORY and the LMII. no one seems to like them but me.
    but then again no one like SLP on here

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    haha yeah. ive listened to probably 500 videos since june trying to figure out what i want...and you can totally hear the differences in camera sound quality...true duals seem to sound horrible on camera but the few at the fest were pretty sick. only one of em had horrible rasp but it had a cam so its hard to tell at idle with a cam
    i cant help but favor ARHs 7/8 ORY and the LMII. no one seems to like them but me.
    but then again no one like SLP on here
    Yea, I dont really like the Slp stuff. 1300 for headers and a ORY is too much for me. I wanted stainless on a budget and got LPP headers. Id rather put the extra 6 or 7 hundred elsewhere into my car or pocket.

Impounded
    slp headers---
    a- i dont like the way they sound
    b-i highly doubt they show a 32rwhp gain
    c-all i hear is how mad low they hang

i was talking about the catback Loudmouth II
    im looking at either Kooks or ARH Lts and ORY...maybe Catted im still unsure..
    i figured ORY would show a little more gain over catted y

but i do like the sound of the Moroso Spiral Mifflers on the TSP TDs i just...
    idk i feel a little nervous about TDs. dont know why. might be my gravel road...

2000 Trans Am

slp headers---
    a- i dont like the way they sound
    b-i highly doubt they show a 32rwhp gain
    c-all i hear is how mad low they hang

i was talking about the catback Loudmouth II
    im looking at either Kooks or ARH Lts and ORY...maybe Catted im still unsure..
    i figured ORY would show a little more gain over catted y

but i do like the sound of the Moroso Spiral Mifflers on the TSP TDs i just...
    idk i feel a little nervous about TDs. dont know why. might be my gravel road...
    Yea i was saying I dont like the sound of the LMII.
    Sorry, should have clarified. ARH is going to run you around that much and for an ORY, not catted.

Impounded
    yeah. i figured ORY would give a better gain.. less restriction equals more power. and as for 7/8 yeah every little bit helps and i like the sound better.. more of a deeper tone

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I have the tsp 7/8 headers and their x pipe, the price for the set up was really good, I just havent had them installed yet just waiting on funds to have it done.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I have the tsp 7/8 headers and their x pipe, the price for the set up was really good, I just havent had them installed yet just waiting on funds to have it done.
    on youtube theres a video of a 383 cubic inch Camaro SS with TSP 1 7/8s and a x pipe. sounded amazing

with a x pipe can you run a catback with that? or would you just have it dumped after the x pipe?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I am going to have my run over my rear and out the back cause I have a set of tips I still want to use, and if that doesnt work out I am going to have it dumped before the rear end.

2000 Trans Am

on youtube theres a video of a 383 cubic inch Camaro SS with TSP 1 7/8s and a x pipe. sounded amazing

with a x pipe can you run a catback with that? or would you just have it dumped after the x pipe?
    Nah. Most people would run a bullet muffler at each end and have it dumped before the axle. Some people run it all the way out back. If you want to run a catback, a y-pipe is your friend.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
    Nah. Most people would run a bullet muffler at each end and have it dumped before the axle. Some people run it all the way out back. If you want to run a catback, a y-pipe is your friend.
    Yes I have the dynomax bullets

Impounded
    All right thanks.
    and bluehawk2000 im anxious to hear this set up. hope it fits your taste

Thread Information