T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

TD's or Magnaflow??

soo guy at muffler tech told me to go with true duals for my car. i got a 98 trans am all stock a4. soo lots of people tell me to go with magnaflow on this site...im lost i now know not to go with slp from all the forums i read but im lost tryin to figure out what to do.. the guy told me $800 for the duals but i would be his test car cuz he never done em before but guranteed me he can do em and they will sound great..should i go for it or shuld i just stick with magnaflow or what other great exhausts are there?? im gona run elctric cutouts too

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

I love my magnaflows. Just go here and listen and see what you like more http://ls1sounds.com/

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Magnaflow sounds and performs great, but I'd think that since the guy has never done them on an f-bod that he'd cut you a bit of a break...That must be the price for over the axle, correct? Is that the price including cutouts too?

There are a gazillion other muffler options....Dynomax (bullets), Hooker, Cheapo glasspacks, Borla, Flowmaster (40 & 44 series or single chamber), just to name a few.

I have duals dumped with single chamber flows and an h pipe and they sound awesome. Loud and deep tone, without much resonance. I was gonna go with Manaflow but ended up changing my mind.

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

You gotta go with the TDs is he gonna dump them before axle? i seen few make them go over right side of axle

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    soo guy at muffler tech told me to go with true duals for my car. i got a 98 trans am all stock a4. soo lots of people tell me to go with magnaflow on this site...im lost i now know not to go with slp from all the forums i read but im lost tryin to figure out what to do.. the guy told me $800 for the duals but i would be his test car cuz he never done em before but guranteed me he can do em and they will sound great..should i go for it or shuld i just stick with magnaflow or what other great exhausts are there?? im gona run elctric cutouts too
    Shop around first before you go with Muffler Tech. They have been my choice for exhaust work for the past 8 years, but they are getting more expensive. I always check around before I have them do the work. Try Firehouse muffler out on Marysville, they do a lot of custom work on F-bodies and are relatively inexpensive.

As for my opinion, i'd say go with a Magnaflow Cat-back and save the rest for a bolt-on or two.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have duals with Magnaflow mufflers.

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

01ws6er can you post a sound clip of your exhaust for me please?? i would appreciate it. what is better over the axle or what??

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    01ws6er can you post a sound clip of your exhaust for me please?? i would appreciate it. what is better over the axle or what??
    I would love to but my POS camera doesn't record sound...!!!!!

I'll see if my buddy can take a few clips this weekend, but it sounds almost exactly the same as zboner's car does in the "true dual read me" sticky, only without the cam. Over axle is better for clearence, but under for price/flow...although not much of a difference.

Zboner's clip...
    http://edigras.iweb.bsu.edu/Public/LS1/P7280188.MOV

Thread Information