BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

swapped intake and yanked air/egr. vacuum question...

Ok, so I swapped out the LS1 intake for a BBK SSI one and while the manifold was off I went ahead and yanked out all the air/egr stuff. My question is what I do with the vacuum lines in the back of the intake. I am keeping the LS1 coolant lines and pcv setup since they do not interfere with the BBK intake so I basically need to know where everything hooks up with my setup. I know that the big hose on the back of the intake on the driver side goes to the brake booster but I am a bit unsure about the little one on the passenger side. There was a check valve along with some other stuff that I think is the egr solenoid but I’m not certain. Correct me if I am wrong but from my interpretation the small line on the passenger side controls the HVAC. With this said can I simply connect this line to the little port on the back of the intake and be done with it or do I need to keep the check valve and other stuff in between it and plug to unused lines? Here are some pics of what I’m talking about.

Here is the thing I think is the egr solenoid. Can I trash this?

Here is the line I want to hook straight to the back of the intake. Can I do this?

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

someone on tech is telling me to plug the line in the second pic but that seems to not be right. If I plug that line will it screw up the hvac?

Red
    '02 35th SS LE SLP#1084

Recently did the same thing, except I did not have egr (2002). I ran the HVAC vac line directly to the back of the SSI (removed the "T" that used to feed the AIR system) found some handy vac fitting crap in the Help! section at Advance Auto Parts. Top pic looks like the AIR system crap, not EGR. The EGR stuff is in the front of the engine passenger side. Has a hose that connects to the top front of the intake.

2011-06-29191137.jpg

This is a pic of the AIR stuff I removed.

Jon
    35th Anniversary LE # 167 SLP # 1084

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by jfl330 View Post
    Recently did the same thing, except I did not have egr (2002). I ran the HVAC vac line directly to the back of the SSI (removed the "T" that used to feed the AIR system) found some handy vac fitting crap in the Help! section at Advance Auto Parts. Top pic looks like the AIR system crap, not EGR. The EGR stuff is in the front of the engine passenger side. Has a hose that connects to the top front of the intake.

2011-06-29191137.jpg

This is a pic of the AIR stuff I removed.

Jon

Thanks Jon! This is what I wanted to hear. You havent had and issues with it that way? My bad on the egr, I get those mixed up sometimes lol. Also, did you remove any fuses or relays as well?
    HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS... EVERY PUSSY HAS ONE!
    **PHK**

Red
    '02 35th SS LE SLP#1084

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    Thanks Jon! This is what I wanted to hear. You havent had and issues with it that way? My bad on the egr, I get those mixed up sometimes lol. Also, did you remove any fuses or relays as well?
    If you look carefully in the picture, you'll see the fuse and relay laying there too. Need to get the three codes deleted that pop on every time you drive it. I keep my predator on the passenger seat and clear them every time.

Runs great, much cleaner engine bay too. I've done this on 3 gen iv fbodies I owned so far. The others were pre 2001 so I also removed the egr on them.

Jon

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Thanks again Jon! Yeah Ill be getting a tune next week to clear the codes among other things. I’m also putting some ol' n2o on as well

Thread Information